I’ve come to view Frederick Douglass Boulevard (F.D.B, which is Central Park West above 110th a.k.a 8the Avenue) between 110 and 125th as Harlem’s Gold Coast, from a resident’s perspective.
- Nestled adjacent to two kid-friendly parks – Central and Morningside
- Easy access to the Hudson River, it’s great promenades and a wide variety of recreational and dining opportunities
- Accessible by all major local and express West Side subway lines (1,2,3,A,B,C,D)
- Several publish libraries
- Within walking distance to several magnet/charter schools
- Quick access to Metro North and LGA airport
- Down the hill from Columbia University and Broadway
- In the gateway to Harlem including all the shopping, entertainment and culture that Harlem has to offer for residents and tourists alike
- Is exploding with housing and restaurants
In terms of real estate the newest edition is The Douglass Condominium at 114th and F.D.B.
The word on the street is that they are very nicely appointed.
I plan to take a look for myself.