By HarlemGal for HarlemCondoLife
If you were wondering what’s behind those scaffolding curtains drapping over Gateway Condominiums located at 2098 Frederick Douglass Boulevard in Central Harlem, we now have a preview! Part of the curtains are down. I believe it came down yesterday. I guess the developer wants us Harlemites to see that the center part of the construction is almost finished. I use the words “almost” cause I am hoping the center building will be painted to match the other buildings it is joined next to.
The center building that we can all see now was a vacant lot. There’s not too many of those lots left at the base of Central Harlem. Vacant lots are slowly vanishing.
As for Gateway Condo, let’s hope the other part of the curtain comes down soon from the part of the building that’s sitting on top. Last week, I saw a giant crane taking big items to the very top of the building. The construction worker on site said they were trying to cover the 11th floor.
Given all this recent activity, let’s just hope those efforts continue so that the project can be finished!
Search / Browse
Play Recent Podcasts
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "“If you only read the books that everyone else is..."
- Donna Shepherd and Lynn Lieberman like your link: "QUOTE: Haruki Murakami"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "#LENOXSIZZLES UPDATE - July 22nd almost sold out!.."
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival August 2nd #Harlem #NYC"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival Jamaican Indepen-DANCE!.."