By HarlemGal for HarlemCondoLife
If you were wondering what’s behind those scaffolding curtains drapping over Gateway Condominiums located at 2098 Frederick Douglass Boulevard in Central Harlem, we now have a preview! Part of the curtains are down. I believe it came down yesterday. I guess the developer wants us Harlemites to see that the center part of the construction is almost finished. I use the words “almost” cause I am hoping the center building will be painted to match the other buildings it is joined next to.
The center building that we can all see now was a vacant lot. There’s not too many of those lots left at the base of Central Harlem. Vacant lots are slowly vanishing.
As for Gateway Condo, let’s hope the other part of the curtain comes down soon from the part of the building that’s sitting on top. Last week, I saw a giant crane taking big items to the very top of the building. The construction worker on site said they were trying to cover the 11th floor.
Given all this recent activity, let’s just hope those efforts continue so that the project can be finished!
Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
Recent post comments
- @HarlemNYUpdates on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- @WeHarlem on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- @HarlemShakeNYC on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- @RhythmDB on Harlem Demo Day (4/23): A funding pitch event for uptown entrepreneurs / start-ups
- Harlem Restaurant Row on Harlem’s Restaurant Row Goes Mobile – Here come the Foodtrucks!