By HarlemGal for HarlemCondoLife
I can’t help but notice how the Rupert Murdoch business publication called The Wall Street Journal keeps writing and profiling Harlem in their real estate section in a very positive light! It just happened again over the weekend with a highly complimentary article titled Costco, Condos Accent Today’s East Harlem, which is also known as Spanish Harlem.
To my knowledge, this is about the third or fourth positive article in this conservative publication about Harlem this summer. Based on those brief statistics, I have to ask: is The Wall Street Journal in love with Harlem, a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan, long known as the black capital of the world? Let’s recap to answer that question.
About a month ago, Austin2Harlem told us about the raving WSJ article on Frederick Douglass Boulevard. Then we see ongoing coverage about the Emmitt Smith hotel project. Up next was a somewhat sympathetic article about a condo titled Getting Deals Done. This talked about the unique structure called Gateway Condominiums. And now in July, we see a glowing article about East Harlem by the Journal saying it “has come alive.” These are the printed words you will now see in what I believe to be one of the most conservative business papers on the planet. I am not knocking their coverage of Harlem. I am just saying I am shocked that this is now happening and that I somewhat agree with some of the things mentioned by the Journal about Harlem, which leads me to answer my own question with an enthusiastic YES!, I do think The Wall Street Journal is madly in love with Harlem. Can you blame them?
Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
- What’s your reaction to this map’s depiction of Harlem?
- Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- Harlem Demo Day (4/23): A funding pitch event for uptown entrepreneurs / start-ups
- This Week The 5 and Diamond – Special Extended Easter Brunch
- Harlem’s Restaurant Row Goes Mobile – Here come the Foodtrucks!
Recent post comments
- Anthony F Martinez on What’s your reaction to this map’s depiction of Harlem?
- @afinelyne on What’s your reaction to this map’s depiction of Harlem?
- @HarlemTrends on Harlem Demo Day (4/23): A funding pitch event for uptown entrepreneurs / start-ups
- @dbmojo1 on What’s your reaction to this map’s depiction of Harlem?
- @stevemiami on What’s your reaction to this map’s depiction of Harlem?