In an exclusive TV interview with New York’s 24-hour local news channel, Dr. Maya Angelou, famed novelist, poet, professor, American icon and best of all…a Harlemite, recently told NY1 that Harlem is going through a rebirth. “What we are dealing with [in Harlem] is what has to be continually dealt with, that is a renaissance,” said Angelou. The video piece goes on to state that Angelou lives in a gorgeous Harlem brownstone and that there’s no question about her loyalty to Harlem. Angelou’s heart is in Harlem reports NY1. Click here to see the entire interview.
Search / Browse
Play Recent Podcasts
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "“If you only read the books that everyone else is..."
- Donna Shepherd and Lynn Lieberman like your link: "QUOTE: Haruki Murakami"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "#LENOXSIZZLES UPDATE - July 22nd almost sold out!.."
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival August 2nd #Harlem #NYC"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival Jamaican Indepen-DANCE!.."