In an exclusive TV interview with New York’s 24-hour local news channel, Dr. Maya Angelou, famed novelist, poet, professor, American icon and best of all…a Harlemite, recently told NY1 that Harlem is going through a rebirth. “What we are dealing with [in Harlem] is what has to be continually dealt with, that is a renaissance,” said Angelou. The video piece goes on to state that Angelou lives in a gorgeous Harlem brownstone and that there’s no question about her loyalty to Harlem. Angelou’s heart is in Harlem reports NY1. Click here to see the entire interview.
Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
Recent post comments
- Harlem Trends on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- Harlem Restaurant Row on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- @harlemsmover on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- @colemanjweeks on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- @HarlemHCL on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- Caldwell Mae Tillman likes your link: "BOOK: All God's Dangers: The Life of..."
- Harlem Trends and Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link.
- Anthony F Martinez commented on a link you shared: "Its offensive on so many levels."
- King Eric likes your album My Instagram.
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Harlem's Restaurant Row Goes Mobile - Here come..."