Claudia Paul is a german-born photographer based in Harlem, NY. Her specialties are editorial and commercial portraits. Whenever she gets a chance she likes to pursue her passion of working with non-profits and help them spread the work by documenting their causes. One of these great organizations is “Artists for World Peace” (AFWP). I’ve worked with Claudia in the past on her amazing anti-bullying campaign. She is a passionate and talented artist and consummate professional.
AFWP has been working to improve the education, health and living standards of orphans and villagers in Tanzania. This grassroots organization brings artists together to change the world, one person, one family, one community at a time.
Two years ago Claudia went to Africa with AFWP to document their work at an orphanage in a remote village called Kibosho-Umbwe at the bottom of Kilimanjaro. Please watch Claudia’s video of her trip in 2012 and view some of her stunning photographs in the gallery below.
Claudia’s way of giving her talent to better humanity is through her photographs and video which raises awareness and helps tell AFWP’s important story. In addition Claudia’s imagery is an important source of promotion that AFWP uses for fund-raising.
Claudia is once again joining the team in July, 2014 to take part in and document some new and exciting developments for this year’s journey:
- A team of eye doctors will be joining this year to set up a temporary eye clinic at the brand new health center
- A public television producer/editor and an award-winning writer will be joining the team
- Middlesex Hospital has donated hospital beds for the health center
- Bikes for Kids has donated bicycles for the orphans and villagers
- Mission Soccer has donated soccer equipment to build a soccer field
Claudia has started fundraising for her trip.
- Buy a limited edition T-shirt until Midnight on June 4th, 2014
- Contribute to her fundraising campaign which runs until June 18th at Midnight
For more information about Claudia, her work, her trip and other ways you can help contact Claudia.