Available now on Beatport.com
Category Archives: Music
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us here at Harlem Condo Life. Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year in 2015!
We invite you to enjoy our favorite Christmas Mixes, curated by HarlemCondoLife.com.
Click on the player below. Or download them via iTunes.
No need to leave Harlem for NYE 2015, celebrate at your favorite watering hole, restaurant or club in Harlem! Last year almost every spot up and down Frederick Douglass Blvd (Harlem Restaurant Row), Lenox Ave and everything in-between held festive celebrations uptown.
Support your local businesses and neighborhood restaurants and bring in the new year with neighbors and friends. Last year was very successful if it is any indication of how busy this year will be, so make sure to call and make a reservation ahead of time. We have highlighted each venus website below for your convenience. It is not too early to plan New Year’s Eve is right around the corner.
Here are several places we recommend from past New Year’s Eve:
Red Rooster (DJ)
Ginny’s Supper Club (live music)
The Cecil (DJ)
Minton’s Harlem (jazz)
Maison Harlem (DJ)
Silvana (DJ) (live music)
Shrine Bar/Restaurant (DJ) (live music)
Billies Black (DJ) (live music)
Harlem Shake (DJ)
Harlem Food Bar
The 5 and Diamond
Chocolat Restaurant Lounge
Harlem Tavern (DJ) (Sports Bar)
The Park 112 (DJ)
La Bodega 47 Social Club (DJ)
67 Orange Street
Ricardo’s Steak House (Dj)
Bier International (DJ) (live music)
Cove Lounge (DJ)
Corner Social (DJ)
Camaradas El Barrio (DJ) (live music)
With a bold, confident voice that commanded listeners to take notice and a body of work boasting some of the most upbeat and romantic recordings of the past three decades, Whitney Houston (1963-2012) has long solidified her place as one of the 20th century s most significant performers. But her ability to stun live audiences with her powerful vocal gifts has never been documented on an official release - until now. Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances will capture decades of live recordings and unforgettable memories of a true music legend.
From the moment Clive Davis introduced a 19-year-old Houston on The Merv Griffin Show, audiences knew this was more than your average talented voice.
Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances includes that seminal performance, plus others from three decades of stellar live appearances, from talk-shows (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Oprah Winfrey Show) to awards ceremonies like the American Music Awards - and all the extra-special performances in between including 1994 s Concert For A New South Africa.
This CD/DVD package will, for the first time, illuminate a brilliant career as seen under dozens of stage lights and remind audiences of Whitney s truly original voice - often imitated but certainly never surpassed.
1. Home (The Merv Griffin Show, 1983)
2. You Give Good Love (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1985)
3. How Will I Know (The Brit Awards, 1987)
4. One Moment In Time (The 31st Annual Grammy® Awards, 1989)
5. Greatest Love Of All (That s What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990
6. I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (That's What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990)
7. The Star Spangled Banner (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
8. All The Man That I Need (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
9. I'm Your Baby Tonight (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
10. A Song For You (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
11. Medley: I Loves You, Porgy/And I Am Telling You Im Not Going/I Have Nothing (The 21st Annual American Music Awards, 1994)
12. I'm Every Woman (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
13. I Will Always Love You (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
14. My Love Is Your Love (Music Video BONUS DVD-ONLY MUSIC VIDEO)
15. My Love Is Your Love (Late Show With David Letterman, 1998)
16. When You Believe (with Mariah Carey) (The 71st Annual Academy Awards, 1999 BONUS DVD-ONLY DUET PERFORMANCE)
17. I Believe In You And Me (The 16th Annual World Music Awards, 2004)
18. I Didn't Know My Own Strength (The Oprah Winfrey Show, 2009)