Watch World Cup Soccer at the 5 and Diamond on Harlem restaurant row with $5 Specials ~ Asian Wings / 5 and D Mac & Cheese / Meatballs / Cheese Fries / Margarita’s / Sangria and their International Gamer Drink Special !
The 5 and Diamond are open from 11:30 am until ….
2072 Frederick Douglass Blvd. NY, NY 10026
Posted in Community, Drink, Entertainment, Event, Food, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, New York City, Restaurants, South Harlem (SOHA), Sports
Tagged 5 and Diamond, @HarlemHCL, Frederick Douglass Boulevard, Harlem, harlem blog, Harlem Condo Life, Harlem resrtaurants, harlem restaurant, harlem restaurant row, HarlemBlogger, HarlemBlogs, HarlemCondoLife.com, Harlemrestaurant, soccer, Sports, The 5 and Diamond Restaurant, USA, World Cup, your gateway to harlem
The world’s celebration of the World Cup in Brazil is a great opportunity to leverage the excitement and energy to help the Harlem community. Take a moment to learn about and support FC Harlem.
FC Harlem is a community youth development organization using “The World’s Game” as a platform to develop L.I.O.NS Leaders In Our Neighborhoods™
Their mission is to give underserved youth the skills and support they need to be fearless in life. They use soccer as the means to connect with young people both on and off the field. Through sport, they instill resilience, integrity, responsibility, compassion and a team mentality. Through academic and leadership programs, they deliver knowledge and experiences that propel young people to new levels of success. They serve youth in Harlem, Washington Heights and Bronx with a particular focus on our Black and Latino population.
Their vision is to envision a world in which all young people are entirely free to build successful, fulfilling lives; a world where they are encouraged and fully prepared to become global citizens, confident leaders and role models to their peers.
via FC HARLEM LIONS – ABOUT US.
Posted in Sports
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Brazil, fc harlem, Harlem, harlem blog, Harlem Blogger, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemBlogger, HarlemCondoLife.com, L.I.O.NS, Leaders In Our Neighborhoods, World Cup, your gateway to harlem
OutdoorFest is a ten day, citywide festival celebrating outdoor enthusiasts in all five boroughs through community led events.
OutdoorFest provides a space for the outdoor community to share their passions. Including ten days kayaking on the Hudson, running through natural forest, and photographing wildlife, in NYC!
One of the featured events is at Harlem’s Peter J Sharp Boathouse (map), 3579 Harlem River Drive. Come celebrate National Learn to Row Day with Row NY!
The day kicks off with the inaugural Heroes Row the Harlem race with local police officers and firefighters – cheer for your favorite! Read about their training here. The race is followed by on-land rowing lessons for all.
Click here for event details.
OutdoorFest May 30, 2014 8:00 am – Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:00 pm
via OutdoorFest, Manhattan | Events | Yelp.
Posted in HarlemCondoLife, Sports
Tagged #outdoorfestnyc, @HarlemHCL, Harlem, harlem blog, Harlem Blogger, Harlem Condo Life, Harlem River Drive, HarlemBlogger, HarlemCondoLife.com, Hudson, national learn to row day, new york city, outdoor fest, peter j sharp boathouse, row ny, Sports, your gateway to harlem
Harlem residents have launched a petition on Change.org to bring Citibikes to Harlem. Harlem was not included in the initial rollout. Nor is Harlem included in current expansion plans.
This exclusion does not make sense. See below for salient points from the petition.
HarlemCondoLife supports the petition by Harlem residents to bring Citibikes to Harlem. Click here to view, sign and share the petition.
While the City is cold and mired in snow, now is the time to ask for what Harlem deserves, so there’s a chance Harlem will have it to enjoy as soon as possible, ideally by this Spring.
- The Citibike program has been largely hailed as a huge success, and plans are in place for its expansion.
- New York Magazine reported though, that the new stations “are planned for the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Park Slope, and Cobble Hill”.
- The article points out that the planned expansion “does nothing to fight the perception — and stats — that contend the program is catering only to well-off white people.”
- The expansion of the Citibike program into less affluent areas will mean greater access to the city annual costs of a metrocard start at over $1,300, which would mean greater access to opportunities.
- Harlemites pay the same taxes on sales, income, and property, but we are always the last to benefit when the city prospers, and while Harlem is enjoying something of a renaissance, the City, in this case the NYC Department of Transportation, can help Harlem help itself by supporting the infrastructure of our Manhattan neighborhood.
- Harlem is home to many students, recent college graduates, and others just starting out in the city. A bike share program would boom amongst them. This is especially true given the emergence of Harlem’s Educational Hub in Manhattanville.
- The petition needs the support of Polly Trottenberg, Dept. of Transportation, Commissioner for the New York City Department of Transportation; Henrietta Lyle, Chairman for CB10; Andrew Lassalle, Assistant District Manager; Seth Solomon, Press Secretary at NYC Department of Transportation.
via Petition | Expand the Citibike program to Harlem | Change.org.
Posted in Central Harlem, Community, East Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, Health & Wellness, North Harlem, South Harlem (SOHA), Sports, Transportation, West Harlem
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Assistant District Manager; Seth Solomon, Chairman for CB10; Andrew Lassalle, change.org, citibike, Commissioner for the New York City Department of Transportation; Henrietta Lyle, Dept. of Transportation, Harlem, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemCondoLife.com, manhattan, new york city, New York City Department of Transportation, Polly Trottenberg, Press Secretary at NYC Department of Transportation., Transportation, United States, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, your gateway to harlem