This past Friday (July 31), I was the first to tell you about the change taking place at 2052 Frederick Douglass Blvd.-that’s where Grand Liquors use to be. I was hoping for a food joint, but now know that will not be the case. I have confirmation that CheckSpring Bank, the Bronx-founded banking company, is moving into that space in Harlem. As a matter a fact, they’re trying to open this Wednesday. The construction crew was working today (August 1) non-stop.
Oh well…so much for my desire to have a Thai food place or diner open up on FDB in Harlem. Maybe someday? I guess the more appropriate thing to say now is “Welcome to the neighborhood, CheckSpring Bank.”
Search / Browse
Play Recent Podcasts
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "“If you only read the books that everyone else is..."
- Donna Shepherd and Lynn Lieberman like your link: "QUOTE: Haruki Murakami"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "#LENOXSIZZLES UPDATE - July 22nd almost sold out!.."
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival August 2nd #Harlem #NYC"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival Jamaican Indepen-DANCE!.."