This past Friday (July 31), I was the first to tell you about the change taking place at 2052 Frederick Douglass Blvd.-that’s where Grand Liquors use to be. I was hoping for a food joint, but now know that will not be the case. I have confirmation that CheckSpring Bank, the Bronx-founded banking company, is moving into that space in Harlem. As a matter a fact, they’re trying to open this Wednesday. The construction crew was working today (August 1) non-stop.
Oh well…so much for my desire to have a Thai food place or diner open up on FDB in Harlem. Maybe someday? I guess the more appropriate thing to say now is “Welcome to the neighborhood, CheckSpring Bank.”
Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
Recent post comments
- Harlem Trends on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- Harlem Restaurant Row on Celebrate Easter “Harlem Shake” Style
- harlemsmover on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- colemanjweeks on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- HarlemHCL on BOOK: All God’s Dangers: The Life of Nate Shaw
- Caldwell Mae Tillman likes your link: "BOOK: All God's Dangers: The Life of..."
- Harlem Trends and Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link.
- Anthony F Martinez commented on a link you shared: "Its offensive on so many levels."
- King Eric likes your album My Instagram.
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Harlem's Restaurant Row Goes Mobile - Here come..."