It’s been awhile since our last podcast but we are happy to say that Blue Skies (Vol. 1) is now ready for FREE DOWNLOAD on iTunes for your listening pleasure. On this mix you can expect to hear a few modern day remixers from trap to club mixed together with old jazz classics. Including a spoken word intro from “Lady Sings The Blues” soundtrack, the Billie Holiday story. Also a spoken word jazz remix of Ursula Rucker and a beautiful track by Meshell Ndegeocello – Four Women (Pour use ame souveraine) – a dedication to Nina Simone.
See the full playlist below. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, a martini or glass of wine and enjoy some classic jazz with new remixes that will get your party started right.
DOWNLOAD: Blue Skies (New Harlem Meets Old Jazz) Vol. 1
1. Intro – Billie Sneaks Into Dean & Dean’s / Swingin’ Uptown
2. Ain’t Nobody’s Business – Billie Holiday
3. God Bless The Child (Remix Edit) – Billie Holiday
4. Corcovado (TOKiMONSTA Remix) Getz & Gilberto
5. Supa Sista (Society Nu’mericana Jazz Mix) – Ursula Rucker
6. Georgia On My Mind (Brown Stone Mix) – Ray Charles
7. I Love…Dub (Edit) – Funky DL
8. I’ve Got You Under My Skin (DJ Carnage & Victor Niglio Mix) – Dinah Washington
9. Bei mir bist du schon (Dub) – Waldeck
10. Avenue du Gare (Martini Dub Mix) – Tape Five
11. Four Women (Dedication to Nina Simone) – Meshell Ndegeocello
12. Blue Skies (Maya Jane Coles Mix) – Ella Fitzgerald
13. My Man – Billie Holiday
14. My Man (Toro Y Moi Dub Mix) – Billie Holiday
15. So Nice (Summer Samba) (Azari & Ill Mix) – Astrud Gilberto
16. Haunted Town (Remix Edit) – Lena Horne
17. Bodysnatchin’ (On the Isle) – Rubberoom
18. Right Here – DJ Mitsu
19. Fly Me To The Moon (Kaskade Remix) – Astrud Gilberto
20. Tequila (Pistel Remix) – The Champs
21. Mama Guela (STUHR Remix) – Tito Rodriguez
22. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (Zeds Dead Remix) – Nina Simone
23. Feeling Good (Bassnectar Dub Edit) – Nina Simone
24. All Night – Billa Quase
25. Just Move (Remix Edit) – Uneeq
Posted in Art and Culture, Dance, Free!, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, History, Music, New York City, Podcasts
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Billie Holiday, Blue Skies, Brazilian Jazz, Dinah Washington, DJ, Getz & Gilberto, Harlem, Harlem House, Harlem Jazz, HarlemBlogger, HarlemCondoLife.com, Hip Hop, House, iTunes, jazz, Jazz Remixes, Kaskade, Latin Jazz, Lena Horne, Meshell Ndegeocello, Minton's Jazz Club, Nina Simone, Podcast, Ray Charles, RhythmDB, Trap, Ursula Rucker
Our latest podcast Chocolate Butter Funk is a delicious blend of old school, finger-snapping, head-bobbing funk jams, that is sure to bring a smile to your face and some hop to your step. Not to mention great memories.
On this mix you will hear The Brothers Johnson, Earth Wind & Fire, Cameo, L.T.D, Ohio Players, Rick James, Dazz, Chaka Khan & Rufus, Shalamar, The Gap Band and Joyce Sims, just to name a few.
This podcast was compiled and mixed by HarlemHouse for HCL with a volume 2 mix soon to follow.
Chocolate Butter Funk download via iTunes
Posted in Central Harlem, Dance, East Harlem, Free!, Music, North Harlem, Podcasts, South Harlem (SOHA), Sundae Sermon, West Harlem
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Chocolate Butter Funk, Classic's, Digital Downloads, DJ, free, Free Downloads, Funk, Harlem, Harlem Blogger, HarlemCondoLife Podcasts, HarlemCondoLife.com, HarlemHouse, HCL, iTunes, Old School, Podcast, Soul
Today Sunday, June 30th all day long and into the evening hours come celebrate Harlem Pride at The 5 and Diamond on Harlem Restaurant Row! Starting with the new weekly “Soulful Sunday Brunch” from 11 am to 5 pm getting a little funkier as the evening rolls on with DJ Bobby Morales. Whatever you’re proud about, COME OUT AND CELEBRATE!
2072 Frederick Douglass Blvd (between 112th & 113th Street)
Posted in Community, Dance, Drink, Event, Food, Harlem, Music, New York City, South Harlem (SOHA)
Tagged @HarlemHCL, brunch, celebration, DJ, Frederick Douglass Blvd., Harlem, Harlem Pride, harlem restaurant row, HarlemCondoLife.com, HarlemRestaurantRow, Music, new york city, The 5 and Diamond, The 5 and Diamond Restaurant, your gateway to harlem
Make Music New York! Over 1,000 free outdoor concerts and music across the city on the first day of summer Friday, June 21, 2013. Harlem Food Bar as well as many other businesses up and down FDB and around Harlem, will be participating in this event. Harlem Food Bar will have a live DJ at 5:00pm – 9:00pm. DJ Damon Alston will be spinning house, funk, R&B and soul.
So stop by Harlem Food Bar Friday night for great music, food & drinks and help celebrate the first day of summer, the longest day of the year, with DJ Damon Alston. See you there!
For more information click on the link makemusicinny.org
Posted in Culture, Dance, Drink, Entertainment, Event, Food, Harlem, Menu Harlem Restaurant Row, Music, New York City, Restaurant Reviews, South Harlem (SOHA)
Tagged @HarlemHCL, DJ, DJ Damon Alston, Frederick Douglass Boulevard, free, Harlem, Harlem community events, Harlem Condo Life, Harlem Food Bar, Harlem Hots Spots, harlem restaurant row, HarlemCondoLife.com, Music, new york city, nyc, Trendy, your gateway to harlem