Harlem’s Red Rooster, owned by celebrity chef and Harlemite Marcus Samuelsson, was named one of 15 new restaurants to watch this Fall by The Wall Street Journal.
Red Rooster, which is scheduled to open in October at 310 Lenox Ave, was the only uptown restaurant that made list. What’s interesting in the article is the restaurant description. It says the place will seat 90 and hours will be from breakfast to late night, with no menu costing more than $25. Does that mean starters could be $24.50 or plates at $24.75? I hope not! Also, Samuelsson could be aiming to be cheaper than 5 and Diamond, which is a pricey place for Harlem, but the food lives up to those prices in my view. Who knows what’s Samuelsson’s price point strategy? At some point will find out.
See below who made the list of places to watch this fall!
Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB on This Week The 5 and Diamond – Special Extended Easter Brunch
- xperienceharlem on This Week The 5 and Diamond – Special Extended Easter Brunch
- WeHarlem on This Week The 5 and Diamond – Special Extended Easter Brunch
- HarlemNYUpdates on This Week The 5 and Diamond – Special Extended Easter Brunch
- HarlemHCL on Harlem’s Restaurant Row Goes Mobile – Here come the Foodtrucks!