BBQ Competition Harlem Fairway
• The Daily News will present the BBQ IN THE BOROS to showcase the BBQ talents of the residents of the New York Boroughs.
• The top 5 recipes from each of the 5 boroughs (25 recipes total) will be featured in the June 21, 2012 BBQ In The Boros section of the Daily News and will also be invited to a cook-off at the Harlem Fairway on June 21, 2012 to grill up the goodness.
WHO CAN ENTER?
• Each entrant can submit one (1) original recipe.
• Entrants must be residents of New York City.
• No professional chefs may enter.
• Anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of entry may enter.
• No purchase is necessary to participate.
• Anyone entering the contest MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE in the cook-off at Harlem Fairway at 2328 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10027 on June 21, 2012.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-daily-news-bbq-boros-official-rules-article-1.1083313#ixzz1w4huvscA
For more information about Harlem please also see HarlemTrends.
Posted in Announcements about HCL, business, Community, Drink, Entertainment, Food, Free!, Harlem, Real Estate, Restaurants, shopping Tagged with: 125th street, @HarlemHCL, BBQ, Dinosaur BBQ, Fairway, Fairway Harlem, Harlem, Harlem BBQ, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemCondoLife.com
In New York Magazine’s Eat Cheap issue this week, Harlem’s superstar chef Marcus Samuelsson shares his favorite inexpensive bites in the neighborhood. He definitely choses a wide range of cuisines. It reminded me that there are plenty of places to explore when hunger strikes. Did he leave out anyone’s favorites? My friend from North Carolina (who considers himself a rib connoisseur) recommends the babyback ribs from Harlem BBQ on Frederick Douglass and 127th st.
Posted in Harlem Tagged with: Charles Country Pan Fried Chicken, El Aguila, Harlem, Harlem BBQ, Kitchenette Uptown, Les Ambassades, marcus samuelsson, Nectar Winer Bar, New York Magazine, Settepani, Sisters Caribbean Cuisine, Zoma