We love Meshell Ndegeocello and are so thrilled for her new multidisplinary theatrical work “Can I Get a Witness?” Commissioned by Harlem Stage, this exciting piece draws inspiration from the James Baldwin quote, “From my point of view, no label, no slogan, no party, no skin color, and indeed no religion is more important than the human being.” It also is inspired by Baldwin’s work The Fire Next Time.
Meshell stays on the cutting-edge of creativity & challenging societal norms, and this timely project will surely hold true to this tremendous value. It’s time for church – let’s go!
Can I Get a Witness? runs December 7th through the 11th at Harlem Stage. Save the date, and get your tickets!
It’s been awhile since our last podcast but we are happy to say that Blue Skies (Vol. 1) is now ready for FREE DOWNLOAD on iTunes for your listening pleasure. On this mix you can expect to hear a few modern day remixers from trap to club mixed together with old jazz classics. Including a spoken word intro from “Lady Sings The Blues” soundtrack, the Billie Holiday story. Also a spoken word jazz remix of Ursula Rucker and a beautiful track by Meshell Ndegeocello – Four Women (Pour use ame souveraine) – a dedication to Nina Simone.
See the full playlist below. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, a martini or glass of wine and enjoy some classic jazz with new remixes that will get your party started right.
DOWNLOAD: Blue Skies (New Harlem Meets Old Jazz) Vol. 1
1. Intro – Billie Sneaks Into Dean & Dean’s / Swingin’ Uptown
2. Ain’t Nobody’s Business – Billie Holiday
3. God Bless The Child (Remix Edit) – Billie Holiday
4. Corcovado (TOKiMONSTA Remix) Getz & Gilberto
5. Supa Sista (Society Nu’mericana Jazz Mix) – Ursula Rucker
6. Georgia On My Mind (Brown Stone Mix) – Ray Charles
7. I Love…Dub (Edit) – Funky DL
8. I’ve Got You Under My Skin (DJ Carnage & Victor Niglio Mix) – Dinah Washington
9. Bei mir bist du schon (Dub) – Waldeck
10. Avenue du Gare (Martini Dub Mix) – Tape Five
11. Four Women (Dedication to Nina Simone) – Meshell Ndegeocello
12. Blue Skies (Maya Jane Coles Mix) – Ella Fitzgerald
13. My Man – Billie Holiday
14. My Man (Toro Y Moi Dub Mix) – Billie Holiday
15. So Nice (Summer Samba) (Azari & Ill Mix) – Astrud Gilberto
16. Haunted Town (Remix Edit) – Lena Horne
17. Bodysnatchin’ (On the Isle) – Rubberoom
18. Right Here – DJ Mitsu
19. Fly Me To The Moon (Kaskade Remix) – Astrud Gilberto
20. Tequila (Pistel Remix) – The Champs
21. Mama Guela (STUHR Remix) – Tito Rodriguez
22. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (Zeds Dead Remix) – Nina Simone
23. Feeling Good (Bassnectar Dub Edit) – Nina Simone
24. All Night – Billa Quase
25. Just Move (Remix Edit) – Uneeq
Another hot and soulful mix for you. For all you Jill Scott, Mary J Blige, Eric Benet, Andy Caldwell, Ledisi, Blue Six , Sade and Beyonce fans this one is for you. Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) is the first in a series of mixes that will be coming in the next several months. This one gets it right from start to finish, from commercial R&B songs to underground jazzy vibey downbeats.
Free download of Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) available now on iTunes. Or to stream click here.
Enjoy! From HarlemHouse
1) King Kooba – Bad Beat
2) Jill Scott – Le BOOM Vent Suite (Edit)
3) Thievery Corporation – Web of Deception
4) Chris Brown – She Ain’t You (Instrumental Dub)
5) Mint Condition – Ease The Pain
6) Mary J. Blige – Someone To Love Me
7) Eric Benet – Better and Better
8) Jill Scott & Anthony Hamilton – So In Love (re-edit)
9) Andy Caldwell – Southern Plumperz
10) Ledisi – Shine
11) Mark Oakland – Live Forever
12) Beyonce feat. Andre 3000 – Party
13) Me’Shell Ndegeocello – Fellowship
14) Jaheim – Ain’t Leavin Without You (Remix)
15) Eddie Levert & Eric Benet – Paid
16) Blue Six – Bittersweet
17) Groove Cocktail – Deep Touch
18) Tommy Largo – It’s the Beat
19) R. Kelly – Love Letter (Reworked Mix)
20) Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us
Also, coming soon a new House mix “HarlemGetzDeep” by RhythmDB which will be available through several Blogs or as always on itunes.