With rooftop views of Manhattan like this it is easy to understand why the Gateway Tower is 90 percent sold. We were recently informed by a Halstead Broker that they are very pleased to announce only 10 percent of the units remain in the Gateway complex. Sales are doing very well in this slowly climbing economy. I am told that affordable housing units were sold in the Gateway as well which is a good thing for the Harlem community at large.
The Gateway also includes retail spaces. The businesses that have already opened are thriving and soon to open on the 114th Street corner (where the old Society Cafe space was) will be “Frederick Cafe Bistro” by the already very successful owners of Bier International.
Looking forward to following up on the status of Gateway after witnessing a very slow start with this development. Nice to see things moving along positively for The Gateway Tower at a successful pace.
For more information about Harlem please also see www.HarlemTrends.com.
Multi-Rhythmic Mix (Vol.II) On this collection you will hear a variety of artists and styles of music across the the globe… English, African, French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Chillout, House, Electronic, Soul, Dubstep and Jazz. Carefully selected, compiled and mixed by RhythmDB.
- Nero – 2808 (Intro)
- DJ Click – Guadalquivir (feat. Valentina Casula)
- Thievery Corporation – Where It All Starts
- Variety Lab – I Can’t Help Thinking About You
- Zahed Sultan – I Want Her But I Don’t Want Her
- Shonky – Le Velour
- Bliss – Dunia (Visti & Meyland Remix)
- Mayra Andrade & Trio Mocoto – Berimbau
- Robert Elias – Tanto, Tanto
- Gregory Porter – 1960 What? (Peas Remix)
- DJ Cam – Swim (Blackjoy Remix)
- Maya Jane Coles – Little One
- Sven Van Hees – Leaving
- RhythmDB ft. Mike Harvey – Out Of The Blue (Freedomsound Mix)
- Julien Jabre – Swimming Places
- Human Life – In It Together (Original mix)
- Estroe – Driven (Distortion Remix)
- Elon & Vincenzo – Yarra Valley (Reprise)
- Second Date – Young, Beatiful Etc.
- Kaskade – Let Me Go (Original & Ice Mix)
- Thievery Corporation – Safar (The Journey)
- Nero – Innocence
- Grace Jones & Brigitte Fontaine – La caravane
- Deadmau5 – Aural Psynapse (Radio Edit)
Cover Art by Herve’
Looks like a new Wine Bar will be coming to Harlem on Frederick Douglass Boulevard. Through the grapevine we have been told that the empty retail space between 113th and 114th in the Gateway Towers will soon be home to another Wine Bar.
More news on this as it develops.
And don’t forget two of our other great existing spots on FDB for good wine.. Nectar Wine Bar and 67 Orange.
You do not want to miss this special event at Nectar Wine Bar Saturday October 22nd. Join the Nectar team as they turn over the kitchen to Chef Joseph “JJ” Johnson. Experience why he won Rocco’s Dinner Party with his flair at turning the ordinary into extraordinary. Guests will be delighted with four pairs of food & wine from Napa’s handcrafted Joseph Carr Winery. Chef Joseph “JJ” Johnson & Joseph Carr will engage guests with their insights on this autumnal menu of culinary delights.
We are long time fans of both Nectar and Harlem Vintage (see our original review NECTAR) and look forward to enjoying another one of their wine dinners. The last event I attended was several years ago at Amy Ruth’s Restaurant (upstairs) that HarlemVintage collaborated with Amy Ruth’s and it was delicious!
Nectar Pairing Event – at Nectar Wine Bar 2235 frederick Douglass Blvd #212-961-9622.
Date – Saturday, October 22, 2011
At 6PM there will be a Champagne Reception. The Pairing Presentation will be at 7PM – 9PM.
Tickets are $50 per person (order online at nectarpairingevent.eventbrite.com)
See you there!
* Deejay Amanda Diva will be spinning at Saturday Spin After Party.
Limited number of seats available – Get yours today!
Saturday Spin After Party with
TV Personality/ Artist / Deejay Amanda Diva
Open to Public – free admission
For more information contact: