In honor of Black History Month and Valentine’s Day for the month of February “SOUL (one)” celebrates a compilation of soul, soul and more soul! Nothing fancy, no tricks or DJ effects just raw talent. The mix flows pretty smoothly throughout with back to back downtempo grooves ending with a couple ballads including “A Song For You” by Donny Hathaway. Check out the playlist below and hopefully “your song” is somewhere in the mix. If not I definitely have enough material for a SOUL (two) & (three) mix. Hopefully in March & April.
Celebrate Black History Month… and have a soulful, Happy Valentine’s Day!
Download SOUL (one) Podbean
Download SOUL (one) iTunes now available!
1) Worth It – Faith Evans
2) I’m Not Perfect – Missy Elliott ft. the Clark Sisters
3) Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away – Stevie Wonder
4) Fall In Love (Your Funeral) – Erykah Badu
5) Got 2 Be Down – Robin Thicke ft. Faith Evans
6) Nothing Can Come Between Us – Sade
7) Good Woman Down (special edit) – Mary J. Blige
8) I’m Still In Love With You – Al Green
9) Fool For You – Alice Smith
10) Georgy Porgy (original mix) – Eric Benet
11) Heard It All Before (extended) – Sunshine Anderson
12) Changes I’ve Been Going Through (original) – Mary J. Blige
13) Better and Better – Eric Benet
14) Do Your Time – Faith Evans
15) Moon Blue (Special Edit Mix) – Stevie Wonder
16) You And I – Vesta (RIP Vesta)
17) Heartbreak Hotel – Whitney Houston w/ Kelly Price & Faith (RIP Whitney)
18) A Song For You – Donny Hathaway
Posted in Central Harlem, Community, East Harlem, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, Music, New York City, North Harlem, Podcasts, South Harlem (SOHA), West Harlem Tagged with: @HarlemHCL, Alice Smith, chillout, DJ Stormin' Norman, Donny Hathaway, Eric Benet, Erykah Badu, Faith Evans, Harlem, HarlemBlogger, HarlemBlogs, HarlemCondoLife Podcasts, HarlemCondoLife.com, HarlemHouse, HarlemTrends, HCL, iTunes, Mary J Blige, mellow soul, Missy Elliott, Podbean, Podcasts, R&B, Sade, Soul, SOUL (one), Stevie Wonder, Valentine's Day, Vesta
For those who don’t know, you need to know. For those who do know, you don’t need me telling you why Rachelle Ferrell is so respected and admired by all of our musical greats and in the jazz community. There is a reason Jennifer Hudson, Gladys Night, Stevie Wonder and the list goes on and on, can be found at one her live performances. With a little bit of Sarah Vaughan to a little bit of just about everything but the kitchen sink, this contemporary jazz artist creates, channels and delivers styles that nobody has even heard of yet. This is someone that was born to sing and perform music. We hear over and over about certain singers and hopeful talent rising up in the business who are tagged with the word unique. I’m encouraged to watch these new singers to develop and grow. Rachelle Ferrell on the other hand is the definition of the word “unique.”
But don’t take my word for it just listen to what “the voice” can do.
Here are two videos (live) below showing off her jaw dropping vocal abilities and her passionate commitment in how it is delivered.
Rachelle Ferrell – I Can Explain (live)
Rachelle Ferrell & Jennifer Hudson, Improvisational (live) moment on stage
Visit her great collection of music on iTunes.
Posted in Art and Culture, Celebrity, Entertainment, Harlem, Music, New York City, Sunday Jazz Corner Tagged with: @HarlemHCL, Apollo Theater, Gospel, Harlem, Harlem Blogger, Harlem Blogs, Harlem House, Harlem Jazz, HarlemCondoLife.com, HCL, Jazz appreciation, Jazz Vocalist, Jennifer Hudson, Pop, R&B, Rachelle Ferrell, Sarah Vaughan, Singing, Soul, Stevie Wonder, Sunday Jazz Corner, Vocalist
Nights In Harlem (Lounge Mix)
RhythmDB’s latest mix for HCL is sure to be a favorite for the grown and sexy crowd. Bringing it downtempo this podcast will take you on a soulful journey with chillout grooves, jazz, neo-soul, brazilian, hiphop, world, remixes & mellow house grooves. To download or stream “Nights In Harlem” (Lounge Mix) click on the following links below…
Download free (via iTunes) | Play on-line now (via Podbean)
See Playlist below
Nickodemus– (intro fade) Sun People mixed with DJ Sun– Ten
Nina Simone– My Man’s Gone Now (Dj Wally Remix)
DJ Sun– Marks On The Keys
Incognito– Everybody Loves the Sunshine mixed with Roy Ayers– Everybody Loves the Sunshine (9th Wonder Remix)
Billie Holiday- Trav’lin All Alone (Nickodemus & Zeb Remix)
Blue Six– We Used to Rock
Cesaria Evora– Quem bo e (Who Are You)
J.Period & Nneka– Mind Vs. Heart
Marcio Faraco– No Casa Do Seu
Ursula Rucker– Anyouknowhat? (Original Mix)
The Game f./Pharrell & Justin Timberlake– Ain’t No Doubt About It
Malcolm McLaren– Un Coche de Agua Negra
Raul Paz– Buena Suerte
Fat Freddy’s Drop– The Raft
Samantha James– Find a Way
Vikter Duplaix– Electric Love (Jneiro Jarel Remix)
U.Rucker– Obama Interlude #2
Jill Scott, Al Jarreau & George Benson– God Bless the Child
Billie Holiday– All Of Me (Live Version)
Sunshine Jones– If You Wouldn’t Mond (Tiger Stripes Remix)
Kindred the Family Soul– House of Love (AC’s Dub Mix)
Posted in Free!, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: 9th Wonder, @HarlemHCL, African, Audiofly, Billie Holiday, Blue Six, Brazilian, Cesoria Evora, Chillout Music, DJ Sun, DJ Wally, Downbeats, Downtempo, Fat Freddy's Drop, HipHop, House, Incognito, iTunes, J Period, jazz, Jneiro Jarel, Justin Timberlake, Kindred the Family Soul, Latin Music, Lounge, Malcolm McLaren, Marcio Faraco, Music, Nickodemus, Nina Simone, Nneka, Pharrell, Podcasts, R&B, Raul Paz, RhythmDB, Roy Ayers, Samantha James, Soul, Sunshine Jones, The Game, Tiger Stripes, Ursula Rucker, Victer Duplaix, world, Zeb
Celebrate Black History Month with podcasts from HarlemCondoLife.com. Featuring classic and new sounds of Harlem and beyond.
Classics, a little gospel, jazz, soul, R&B and soulful house by RhythmDB. Get yours here.
Gospel and Inspirational music mixed by RhythmDB. Get yours here.
Posted in Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: Gospel, House, jazz, R&B, RhythmDB, Soul
This is an oldie but a goodie that we posted a couple years ago HCL BlackHistoryMonth Mix Vol 1 compiled by RhythmDB for HarlemCondoLife. We are posting it again in honor of Black History Month.
We hope that you enjoy this music to celebrate with as we honor February 1st the first day of Black History Month. On this mix you will hear a few classics, a little gospel, jazz, soul, R&B and soulful house. Check out the playlsit below and don’t forget to check out BlackHistoryMonth Gospel Mix Vol 2 available on itunes podcasts under HarlemCondoLife.
Black History Month Vol 1 – RhythmDB
1) Sounds Of Blackness – Optimistic
2) Karen Clark Sheard – I Won’t Let Go
3) Billie Holiday (Remix) – Billie’s Blues
4) The Jazzual Suspects – Ba Dada
5) Stevie Wonder – I Wish
6) Chaka Khan(ft. Meshell Ndegeocello) – Never Miss The Water
7) Luther Vandross – Remember The The Nights In Harlem
8) Stevie Wonder (ft. Q-Tip) Remix -So What The Fuss
9) Sade – Bring Me Home
10) Kenny Dorham Octet – Afrodisia
11) Studio Apartment (ft. Yasmeen Sulieman) – Sun Will Shine
12) Mississippi Mass Choir – Jesus Paid It All
13) Snoop Dogg (ft. The Dream) – Gangsta Luv
14) Caron Wheeler (Remix) – Another Star
15) Vanessa Bell Armstrong – Til The Victory’s Won
16) Onda – Happiness Is Free
17) Luther Vandross (Remix Edt) – Shine
18) Jay-z & Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind
19) Alicia Keys (Reprise) – Empire State Of Mind
*Please check out all of the music available by these talented asrtists.
*For more mixes click here PODCASTS.
Posted in Harlem, Holiday, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: black history month, Gospel, HalremCondoLif, HarlemCondoLife, HarlemHouse, HipHop, House, jazz, R&B, RythmDB, Soul, Soulful House
Volume Two of “Keepin’ It Soul” by RhythmDB is available now on itunes and Podbean. With music by Jill Scott, Kindred The Family Soul, Jay Z , Kelly Price, Raw Artistic Soul, Jennifer Hudson, DJ Jazzy Jeff & much more. A variety of new and old Soul, Jazz, R&B, Downbeats and Mellow House blended together in a smooth collection by RhythmDB. For full Playlist see below.
Links… Available now on iTunes FREE DOWNLOAD through HarlemCondoLife and also on RhythmDB Podcasts. Also via Podbean for streaming.
That Way – Wale (Instrumental Dub)
Take A Look Around – Kindred The Family Soul
Trippin’ – Eric Benet
Nice Spirits – Skrillex (Phonat Remix)
Isn’t It Romantic? – Mel Tome (Paul & Price Remix)
New Day – Jay Z & Kanye West (Extended Mix)
You Ain’t No Good – The Bamboos
Don’t Look Down – Jennifer Hudson
Fela Brasil – Raw Artistic Soul
Fall In Love (Your Funeral) – Erykah Badu
I Miss You – Beyonce
I’m Beginning to See the Light – Ella Fitzgerald (Rondo Brothers Mix)
Intervention – Kelly Price
You Got Love ft. Snoop Dogg – Kindred The Family Soul (Remix)
The Journey ft. Ursula Rucker – Kraak & Smaak
Night In Tunisia – Duke Jordan (DJ Jazzy Jeff Remix)
Stargazer – Thievery Corporation
Amazing Place – Karu
Until Then (I Imagine) – Jill Scott
I’m New Here – Gil Scott-Heron/R.I.P (Jamie xx mix)
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts, Restaurants Tagged with: Beyonce, chillout, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Downbeats, Duke Jordan, Ella Fitzgerald, Eric Benet, Erykah Badu, Gil Scott-Heron, Hip Hop, House, Jamie xx, Jay-Z, jazz, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Kanye West, Karu, Keepin It Soul, Kindred the Family Soul, Kraak & Smaak, Mel Tome, Photos by HarlemHouse, Promo Only, R&B, Raw Artistic Soul, RhythmDB, RhythmDB Podcasts, Rondo Brothers, Skrillex, Snoop Dogg, Soul, The Bamboos, Thievery Corporation, Ursula Rucker, Wale
Another hot and soulful mix for you. For all you Jill Scott, Mary J Blige, Eric Benet, Andy Caldwell, Ledisi, Blue Six , Sade and Beyonce fans this one is for you. Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) is the first in a series of mixes that will be coming in the next several months. This one gets it right from start to finish, from commercial R&B songs to underground jazzy vibey downbeats.
Free download of Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) available now on iTunes. Or to stream click here.
Enjoy! From HarlemHouse
1) King Kooba – Bad Beat
2) Jill Scott – Le BOOM Vent Suite (Edit)
3) Thievery Corporation – Web of Deception
4) Chris Brown – She Ain’t You (Instrumental Dub)
5) Mint Condition – Ease The Pain
6) Mary J. Blige – Someone To Love Me
7) Eric Benet – Better and Better
8) Jill Scott & Anthony Hamilton – So In Love (re-edit)
9) Andy Caldwell – Southern Plumperz
10) Ledisi – Shine
11) Mark Oakland – Live Forever
12) Beyonce feat. Andre 3000 – Party
13) Me’Shell Ndegeocello – Fellowship
14) Jaheim – Ain’t Leavin Without You (Remix)
15) Eddie Levert & Eric Benet – Paid
16) Blue Six – Bittersweet
17) Groove Cocktail – Deep Touch
18) Tommy Largo – It’s the Beat
19) R. Kelly – Love Letter (Reworked Mix)
20) Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us
Also, coming soon a new House mix “HarlemGetzDeep” by RhythmDB which will be available through several Blogs or as always on itunes.
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: Andre 3000, Andy Caldwell, Anthony Hamilton, Beyonce, Blue Six, chillout, Chris Brown, Downbeats, Eddie levert, Eric Benet, Groove Cocktail, HarlemHouse, HipHop, iTunes, Jaheim, jazz, Jill Scott, King Kooba, Ledisi, Mark Oakland, Mary J Blige, Meshell Ndegeocello, Mint Condition, Pedbean, Photos by HarlemHouse, Podcasts, R&B, R. Kelly, RhythmDB, Sade, Soul, Thievery Corporation, Tommy Largo
By HarlemHouse An event not to be missed. For those Stevie Wonder fans and Apollo Theater enthusiasts here is the perfect event for you. This coming Monday June 13, at the Apollo Theater the musical icon STEVIE WONDER will be inducted into the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame. What a night this will be! As mentioned in the above flyer “Due to unprecedented demand tickets, a limited number of $500. tickets have been released to the Apollo’s Anual Spring Gala.”
As a bonus, the legendary artist will give a special perfromance with friends celebrating his extraordinary career. The list includes: Melanie Fiona, Yolanda Adams, Raphael Saadiq and Take 6. More friends to be announced soon.
What an incredible event here in the heart of Harelm to start off the summer in honoring one of – if not the best singer, songrwriter and performer of all time.
For more information please email…
ApolloSpringGala@JKSEvents.com or call (212) 380-8946
Posted in Announcements about HCL, Apollo Theater, Art and Culture, Celebrity, Community, Drink, Harlem, History, Music Tagged with: 125th street, Apollo Legends Hall Of Fame, HarlemHouse, jazz, Legends, Melanie Fiona, Photos by HarlemHouse, R&B, Raphael Saadiq, Soul, Stevie Wonder, Take 6, Yolanda Adams
Up The Hill (Morningside Park Mix)
New Podcast by RhythmDB for HCL with a collection of R&B, Soul, Jazz, House, HipHop, Latin & Chillout songs. Brand new (unreleased) Sade along with an assortment of other new releases mixed in with some oldies and deep soulful remixes. This mix is the perfect “feel g00d” transition from Spring into Summer.
On this mix you will hear…
1) Sade – Love Is Found // 2) Canvas – La brize// 3) Hammock House – Mambo Mongo (Joaquin”Joe” Claussell Remix)// 4) Billie Holiday – Summertime (Organica Mix)// 5) Lloyd Banks – I Don’t Deserve You (Ft. Jeremih)// 6) Hipp E – Blacker Than (Jimpster Remix)// 7) Janita – Heaven// 8) Eddie Palmieri – Mi Congo Te Llama (Remix)// 9) Delano Smith & Diamondancer – Message for the DJ// 10) Lloyd – Cupid (Extended Mix)// 11) M.I.A. – Space// 12) Millenium Social – I Feel Your Energy// 13) Diddy ft. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix)// 14) Erykah Badu – Honey (Ron Trent’s Honey Mix)// 15)Groove Armada – History (Love Mix)// 16) Raw Artistic Soul – Bayahibe
Download (iTunes) | Stream
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: Billie Holiday, Canvas, chillout, Delano Smith & Diamondancer, Diddy, Dirty South, Eddie Palmieri, Erykah Badu, Groove Armada, Hammock House, HarlemHouse, HipHop, Hipp E, House, iTunes, Janita, jazz, Jeremih, Jimpster, Lloyd, Lloyd Banks, M.I.A., Millenium Social, Photos by HarlemHouse, Podcasts, R&B, Raw Artistic Soul, Remixes, Ron Trent, Sade, Skylar Grey, Soul, Unreleased
HCL brings you a new Podcast Mix in Celebration of Black History Month. Mixed by RhythmDB you will find on this mix Gospel, Jazz, House, R&B, Soul, HipHop & Classics.
Enjoy & Celebrate!!!
iTunes (podcast download) and Podbean (podcast streaming).
HCL”Black History Month”Mix by RhythmDB
1) Sounds of Blackness- Optimistic
2) Karen Clark Sheard- I Won’t Let Go
3) Billie Holiday (Remix)- Billie’s Blues
4) The Jazzual Suspects- Ba Dada
5) Stevie Wonder- I Wish
6) Chaka Khan (ft. Meshell Ndegeocello)- Never miss The Water
7) Luther Vandross- Remember The Nights In Harlem
8) Stevie Wonder feat. Q-Tip (Remix)- So What The Fuss
9) Sade- Bring Me Home
10) Kenny Dorham Octet- Afrodisia
11) Studio Apartment (feat. Yasmeen Sulieman)- Sun Will Shine
12) Mississippi Mass Choir (feat. Rev. James Moore)- Jesus Paid It All
13) Snoop Dogg (feat. The Dream)- Gangsta Luv
14) Caron Wheeler (Remix)- Another Star
15) Vanessa Bell Armstrong- Til the Victory’s Won
16) Onda- Happiness Is Free
17) Luther Vandross (Remix Edit)- Shine
18) Jay-Z & Alicia Keys- Empire State Of Mind
19) Alicia Keys (Reprise fade)- Empire State Of Mind
Posted in Podcasts Tagged with: Alicia Keys, Billie Holiday, black history month, Caron Wheeler, Chaka Khan, Gospel, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, HarlemHouse, HipHop, House, iTunes, Jay-Z, jazz, Karen Clark Sheard, Luther Vandross, Mississippi Mass Choir, Photos by HarlemHouse, R&B, RhythmDB, Sade, Snoop Dogg, Soul, Sounds Of Blackness, Stevie Wonder, Vanessa Bell Armstrong