Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- New York City to repair decaying Harlem buildings
- Sign petition to bring Citibikes to Harlem
- Taste Of India – A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem for a good cause At Red Rooster / Ginny’s Supper Club
- Harlem will benefit from Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative
Recent post comments
- nykeiko_com on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- HarlemHCL on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Juan Beto Rosado on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Urban Garden Center LLC on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- HinHARLEM on New York City to repair decaying Harlem buildings
- Juan Beto Rosado, Lisa Rachel Nickie and 3 other people like your link: "Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka..."
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem..."
- Lara Land and Jennifer Hewitt like your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in..."
- Janice Sterling likes your link.
- Janice Sterling likes your photo.
Tag Archives: Southwest Harlem
Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/content/83/10078183/html/wp-content/plugins/addthis/addthis_social_widget.php on line 1536
This weekend the New York Times reports that in recent weeks buyers are making a come back.
This is fantastic news for many looking to make Harlem their home.
HarlemCondoLife has published several stories of real estate opportunities in Harlem and will continue to do so.
Please take a moment to browse our real estate channel and pay Harlem – and your real estate Broker a visit today!
The January 8th edition of AMNY had a wonderful article written by Marleene Naanes entitled “Harlem’s Hot ‘pocket’” (PDF format – start on page 20).
It’s all about the HOT little Southwest corner of Harlem on Frederick Douglass Boulevard (aka 8th Avenue; the “continuation” of Central Park West above 110th street) from 110th to 125th.
The GREAT NEWS about this southwestern corridor (the “Gateway To Harlem” also known as ”SOHA” for South Harlem) only gets BETTER and BETTER with each passing day.
It’s HOT AND POPPIN’!
The article features informative mini reviews of various establishments including museums, lounges and restaurants: The Studio Museum, 67 Orange, Africa Kine, Patisserie Des Ambassades just to name a few.
Below is an excerpt.
“Anyone who hasn’t walked through this pocket of Harlem in a while certainly won’t recognize it today.
With health-food shops, upscale lounges, a trendy wine bar and florist, this neighborhood could be mistaken for a downtown enclave. A Starbucks, a soon-to-open Subway shop and new banks have only furthered its gentrification.
‘Harlem got a lot more convenient,’ said lifelong resident Sharon Grimes, 39. ‘You have uptown life with a downtown feel.’
‘It’s the best pocket in Harlem,’ said Carlos Aguila, owner of health food store Karrot, which he opened four years ago when crack still had a hold on the neighborhood. ‘It’s an aggressive pocket of gentrification and revitalization.’
Young single folks and new families alike have flocked to the area, which boasts nearby parks, restaurants galore, new lounges and bigger Manhattan homes for less money. Residents say they love that people know each other and aren’t afraid to say hi to passing strangers.”
HarlemCondoLife has previously reported on this and other related real estate news on this blog. Below are few informative entries you may want to read.