Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- New York City to repair decaying Harlem buildings
- Sign petition to bring Citibikes to Harlem
- Taste Of India – A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem for a good cause At Red Rooster / Ginny’s Supper Club
- Harlem will benefit from Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative
Recent post comments
- nykeiko_com on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- HarlemHCL on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Juan Beto Rosado on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Urban Garden Center LLC on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- HinHARLEM on New York City to repair decaying Harlem buildings
- Juan Beto Rosado, Lisa Rachel Nickie and 3 other people like your link: "Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka..."
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem..."
- Lara Land and Jennifer Hewitt like your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in..."
- Janice Sterling likes your link.
- Janice Sterling likes your photo.
Tag Archives: Takeout & Delivery
It’s all about the sauce! This Pizzeria has been around forever. Since 1945 to be exact. Though it has been strongly supported by Columbia University residents throughout the years, it reaches a much broader audience of locals and customers who have been coming back for years. Like many Italian Pizzeria menus it has something for everyone; all the classic dishes. I’ve been eating there (and ordering in from there) consistently for the past four years and haven’t had a bad experience yet. The pizza is perfect mainly because of the sauce. Noticeably more rich in flavor then any competition in the area.
But what won me over with this Pizza joint, was their delicious Entrees. Just to name a few, the Shrimp Scampi is perfecto with what seems like an endless supply of garlic. Their classic Chicken or Veal Parmigiana with your choice of pasta, salad or potatoes on the side and also comes with piping hot bread that is always baked to perfection. Other courses to consider are the Lasagna Parmigiana, Chicken Cacciatore or Scarpariello, and the Veal Scaloppine Marsala or Francaise. Also they offer one of the best Fried Calamari appetizers that is crispy with lots of lemons and dipping sauce consistently cooked to perfection each time. This is your better than average Calamari.
We are truly blessed to have such an authentic Italian restaurant in the Lower Harlem area. I was reading many various reviews of this place (as I said it’s been around since 1945) and the critics mostly rave, with a few who are not as impressed. My advice to you is to go and try it for yourself. V & T has been in the same family for 64 years and that is something to be respected and celebrated. If you are not already one of their satisfied customers, stop by V & T today for great fulfilling tasty authentic Italian entrees & pizza.
V & T Pizzeria
1024 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10025
This great little affordable pizza & burger joint has been in business for 6 years and is a neighborhood favorite. For a perfect cheese slice and delicious House Salad topped with Balsamic Vinegar (Salad “123″) for only $4.95 you can’t go wrong. Their burgers are great and you can substitute the regular fries that come with the Deluxe order, to their Curly Spice Fries that are sinfully good. Love the staff and the casual environment. I’ve never had a bad meal here, I have to give props to how well managed this establishment is.
Note: They have 6 lunch specials daily ranging from $2.75 to $7.50.
2288 Frederick Douglass Blvd.
New York, NY 10027
Keep in touch with our thoughts while on the go @ Urbanspoon!