Upscale grocery store coming to 118th St.&FDB

By HarlemGal
SoHa 118HarlemCondoLife has been hearing rumors about an upscale grocery store coming to Central Harlem. It’s a rumor no more! I spoke with Winick Realty Group today and they have confirmed that they are bringing a high end grocery store to the SoHa Building at 118th and Frederick Douglass.

Winick could not confirm who the retailer is yet. They only said that they are working on plans and hope to make an announcement soon! Like in a week in a half! We think this is good news for the area! Another option to get groceries!

If you have more details than Winick, please let us know!

This entry was posted in Harlem, Real Estate and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Upscale grocery store coming to 118th St.&FDB

1. Pingback: Best Yet coming to Harlem’s SoHa | HarlemCondoLife

2. harlemgal says:

Teri,
    Thank you for the tip. We went by and checked out the space and sure enough the Best Yet signs were up! That’s good news for the area!

Again many thanks!

3. tero says:

noticed some signs of life today in this space, there are now coming soon ads in the windows with the Best Yet logo.

4. harlemgal says:

I think a Trader Joe’s would be great. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

@justin@UptownFlavor. We have not heard any new news yet. Have you guys heard anything? As soon as we do, we will post an update!

5. Justin says:

any news on this yet?

6. DanS says:

Wouldn’t “Trader Joe’s” be great? They just opened one in Brooklyn that seems to be doing well. So I’ll keep my finger’s crossed for that.

Any store with nice fresh produce and fish/meats would be great. I do like, and shop at, “Organic Forever”, “Central Market” and “Karrot”. However, they are seriously lacking in those departments.

7. harlemgal says:

Thank you all for the comments. My money is down on either Citerella or Garden of Eden. Let’s see. Either another option is nice!

8. johnny5 says:

try “Western Beef”

9. THANK GOD! FINALLY!

I won’t have to shop at that disgusting “C-Town” on 116th anymore.

10. narmer says:

Would that Upscale grocery be “Zabars”?