By HarlemGal for HarlemCondoLife
Like most blogs, we received the same, interesting alert about Emmitt Smith and his posse of investors plans to open a hotel on the southwest corner of Lenox Avenue and 125th Street. The Wall Street Journal broke the story today (Friday) saying that Smith and the unnamed investors went to the City recently asking for close to $20 million in financial assistance! In my view, that is small change given what has been doled out by the Feds as bail out money to some companies located in lower Manhattan. I hope the City gives the former Dallas Cowboy the financial backing he is requesting so that he can join in and achieve the equal level of success that Magic Johnson has achieved in Harlem. Johnson’s movies theaters appear to have done well in Harlem. Let’s see what happens. Stay tuned.
Search / Browse
Play Recent Podcasts
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "“If you only read the books that everyone else is..."
- Donna Shepherd and Lynn Lieberman like your link: "QUOTE: Haruki Murakami"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "#LENOXSIZZLES UPDATE - July 22nd almost sold out!.."
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival August 2nd #Harlem #NYC"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival Jamaican Indepen-DANCE!.."