The Morningsider Blog was recently covered in the The New York Times
in December, and announced as much on their Blog. In doing so they were gracious enough to mentiong HarlemCondoLife as one of the many blogs in Harlem that highlight civic activities, cultural happenings, new retailers, and entertainment choices in the area.
“Today, we wanted to introduce a few of our favorite Harlem blogs that are must-reads before your next trip uptown (or around the corner)! Combined, the blog network is sure to provide a wonderful guide to experience the diversity of living Uptown in the New Year.”
Described as “your gateway to Harlem,” HarlemCondoLife was founded by five Harlem newbies who moved to the neighborhood to seek new experiences. Today, Harlem Guy, NativeNewYorker, and Icare4Harlem, HarlemHouse still post regularly about their lives in Harlem from a variety of perspectives and first-hand accounts.
HarlemCondoLife frequently posts job opportunities, real estate news, restaurant reviews, and polls, all of which help readers interact and learn about what’s popular among Harlem-enthusiasts. HarlemCondoLife also provides some intellectual stimulation by posting motivational quotations, book reviews, and playlists and podcasts.
If you’re looking for Harlem news and inspiration, we suggest starting here: http://harlemcondolife.com/.
The full story.
Thank you for including HarlemCondoLife.
And to all our readers, a safe and happy new year.
As we close out 2011, the New York Times reports that Harlem was one of the 75 things New Yorkers talked about in 2011.
The top 10 were:
1. The G.O.P. debates. The best reality TV show not on Bravo.
2. The best moment of the debates: “Oops.”
3. The second-best moment of the debates: Ron Paul’s errant eyebrow.
4. Regis Philbin calls it quits after 28 years.
5. Kim Kardashian calls it quits after 72 days.
7. Kate Middleton’s wedding dress (by Sarah Burton): Grace Kelly reborn.
8. Princess Beatrice’s fascinator (by Philip Treacy). Laugh if you will, but it raised $131,000 for charity.
9. Pippa Middleton’s derrière (by nature). The backside that launched a thousand paparazzi shots.
10. The D.S.K. whiplash. He’s guilty! No, he’s innocent! Hey, maybe he’s guilty after all.
HarlemCondoLife would like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah.
In the spirit of the holiday we would like to share some holiday cheer in the form of a smokey chi-town-style rendition of “Merry Christmas Baby” from a loyal reader in Chicago.
There are two songs. Press play, sit back and enjoy.
Chez Lucienne is Harlem’s first authentic french bistro. They are hiring one line cook and one salad person needed to start asap.
Please bring resumes in person and be prepared for interview. Ask for Seydou, carlos or fidel.
Location: 308 Malcolm X blvd between 125th st and 126th st. friday through monday from 11 am to 6 pm. They are willing to train motivated people.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
If you have help wanted opportunities please let us know.