Search / Browse
Play Recent Podcasts
Recent post comments
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "“If you only read the books that everyone else is..."
- Donna Shepherd and Lynn Lieberman like your link: "QUOTE: Haruki Murakami"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "#LENOXSIZZLES UPDATE - July 22nd almost sold out!.."
- RhythmDB (aka Daniel Bagley) shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival August 2nd #Harlem #NYC"
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Sweet Spot Festival Jamaican Indepen-DANCE!.."
Search Results for: harlemonabudget
by HarlemOnaBudget For those who don’t know Strictly Roots, I highly advise visiting. It is a small and simple venue, easily overlooked if you don’t know it’s there. The atmosphere is laid back and beautiful in its neighborhood feel. Nice … Continue reading
by HarlemOnaBudget “Weusi Revisited: 2010 showcases the historically seminal work of the Weusi Collective. Founded in 1965, the Harlem-based Weusi (”way-oo-see,” which means Blackness in Swahili) are considered progenitors of the Black Arts Movement and were among the first artists to … Continue reading
By HarlemOnaBudget Harlem is a vibrant and diverse community but unfortunately we are not as healthy as we could be. According to the New York City Department of Health, folks who live in Harlem are almost twice as likely to … Continue reading
by HarlemOnaBudget Last week I had the pleasure of stopping by the Studio Museum in Harlem to see their spring 2010 project titled Collected. Reflections on the Permanent Collection. This collection of eight distinct exhibits features a mix of media … Continue reading