Play Recent Podcasts
Search / Browse
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- New York City to repair decaying Harlem buildings
- Sign petition to bring Citibikes to Harlem
- Taste Of India – A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem for a good cause At Red Rooster / Ginny’s Supper Club
- Harlem will benefit from Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative
Recent post comments
- theharlemmom on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- 1chicklette on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- nykeiko_com on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- HarlemHCL on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Juan Beto Rosado on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka “Officially” Move to New York: Welcome to Harlem!
- Juan Beto Rosado, Lisa Rachel Nickie and 3 other people like your link: "Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka..."
- Harlem Restaurant Row shared your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in Harlem..."
- Lara Land and Jennifer Hewitt like your link: "Taste Of India - A Bollywood Benefit in..."
- Janice Sterling likes your link.
- Janice Sterling likes your photo.
Tag Archives: 145th street
Are you looking for a fun Halloween event for your kids
and the whole family? Next Sunday, October 28th from 12-4pm here in Harlem Sweet Spot Festival presents Baby Got Soul!
Kids Halloween Costume Dance Party!
The Sweet Spot Festival returns to Harlem this
Fall with a HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR just for the
Grab a few friends, get your costumes ready – Come
on out & enjoy carnival games and treats, a pumpkin
patch and an awesome BABY GOT SOUL! costume disco dance party.
Celebrity child prodigy DJ Fulano will be providing the tunes for the day.
At 9 years old, he has already DJ’ed for Diane Von Furstenburg,
Michael Kors and calls Russell Simmons a great friend.
Talk about a legend in the making!
Check out his recent article in the NY Post: http://bit.ly/TCI9vZ
Adults can enjoy the unique vendors & vintage at the
Sweet Spot Market Place.
We are Doin’ it again at the Jackie Robinson Park Bandshell
145th street & Bradhurst
on October 28th , 2012 from 12 – 4pm for FREE!!
If you would like to bring a group of 10 kids or more – please
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can hold
you a picnic table
We look forward to seeing you there!
About Sweet Spot Festival
The Sweet Spot Festival is a FREE family friendly event series, bringing Harlem’s
increasingly diverse community together to celebrate it’s rich historical legacy.
Its purpose is to promote music,culture, art, and commerce. Here you will find an
eclectic range of musicians, DJ’s, performance & visual artists, a mouth watering
array of food & dessert vendors, kids activities, workshops and to-die-for vintage
& jewelry selections.
SWEET SPOT FESTIVAL will be held in Jackie Robinson Park featuring music by: D-NICE, MAX GLAZER & Other surprise guests. This is a FREE family event in Harlem with Food Vendors, Vintage Market, Picnic Tables, Kids Activities and More powered by GIANT STEP. Sunday, September 23, 2012 from 2 – 7PM Located at 145th Street & Bradhurst Avenue in the Jackie Robinson Park Bandshell.
Don’t forget to join the free Jet Blue raffle. Lucky winners will get a chance to win a pair of tickets to any where in the world that Jet Blue flies.
See you there!
AM New York recently conducted a study to determine which subway stops are best suited to carrying your cell phone signal underground. HarlemCondoLife (HCL) is pleased to report that Harlem stations made the grade as noted below IN BOLD.
- No. 1:
- 14th Street, 34th Street, Times Square, 59th street, 66th street, 72nd street, 110th street, 116th street, 137th street, 145th street, 157th street, 191st Street
- No. 2/3:
- (Brooklyn) Hoyt Street, Nevins Street, Atlantic Avenue, (Manhattan) 96th street, 125th street
- No. 3:
- 145th Street
- No. 4/5:
- Wall Street, Fulton Street
- No. 6:
- Canal Street, Bleecker Street, Astor Place, 23rd Street, 28th Street, 51st Street, 59th Street, 103th Street, 110th Street, 116th Street
- Columbus Circle
- 135th Street
- 34th Street, 42nd Street, 50th Street, (Queens) Jamaica Van Wyck
- 23rd Street, (Queens) Jamaica 179 Street
- Chambers Street
- Prince Street, 28th Street
- City Hall, Prince Street, 8th Street, 28th Street, 34th Street
Please post a comment letting us know your findings.
One more reason why “Harlem is Where It’s At” (TM).