Sundae Sermon is back this Sunday in Harlem!
Hosted by Bevy Smith (Bravo Fashion Queens).
Featuring a special performance by the cast of Mighty Real showcasing the life of dance music’s one and only Sylvester. And of course music by our favorite DJ Stormin’ Norman and his friends.
For those of you not familiar with Sylvester, know this. On September 20, 2004, Sylvester’s anthem record, “You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real),” was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame. A year later, on September 19, 2005, Sylvester himself was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame for his achievement as an artist. An activist who campaigned against the spread of HIV/AIDS, Sylvester died from complications arising from the virus in 1988. HOWEVER – his trailblazing style and his love of life and music lives on in events like Sundae Sermon. Which is one of the many reasons why Sundae Sermon matters.
We hope the community’s love for this event – recently featured in a leading NYC publication thanks to Michael Feeney, helped in some small way to tip the scales in the event’s favor.
DJ Saturdays at The Cecil in Harlem are making Saturday afternoons extra fun. Who doesn’t want a little beat with their bite! Relax and shake off the week’s worries to the beats of the World, Jazz and Soul music, spun by various DJ’s.
This Saturday March 22 DJ Stormin’ Norman will be spinning from 2- 6pm. Next Saturday March 29 DJ Center will be spinning from 2 – 6pm. Check out the DJ schedule below and enjoy great music and food and people at The Cecil in Harlem!
210 West 118th Street Harlem NY
Fridays Harlem Nights / Midnight Brunch Starting at 10 pm. Serving til 4 am. DJ Stormin’ Norman (Upstairs) DJ Moma & Maine (Downstairs)
It’s always a good time Friday nights uptown in Harlem!
Website: Red Rooster
Website: Ginny’s Supper Club
In honor of Black History Month and Valentine’s Day for the month of February “SOUL (one)” celebrates a compilation of soul, soul and more soul! Nothing fancy, no tricks or DJ effects just raw talent. The mix flows pretty smoothly throughout with back to back downtempo grooves ending with a couple ballads including “A Song For You” by Donny Hathaway. Check out the playlist below and hopefully “your song” is somewhere in the mix. If not I definitely have enough material for a SOUL (two) & (three) mix. Hopefully in March & April.
Celebrate Black History Month… and have a soulful, Happy Valentine’s Day!
Download SOUL (one) Podbean
Download SOUL (one) iTunes now available!
1) Worth It – Faith Evans
2) I’m Not Perfect – Missy Elliott ft. the Clark Sisters
3) Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away – Stevie Wonder
4) Fall In Love (Your Funeral) – Erykah Badu
5) Got 2 Be Down – Robin Thicke ft. Faith Evans
6) Nothing Can Come Between Us – Sade
7) Good Woman Down (special edit) – Mary J. Blige
8) I’m Still In Love With You – Al Green
9) Fool For You – Alice Smith
10) Georgy Porgy (original mix) – Eric Benet
11) Heard It All Before (extended) – Sunshine Anderson
12) Changes I’ve Been Going Through (original) – Mary J. Blige
13) Better and Better – Eric Benet
14) Do Your Time – Faith Evans
15) Moon Blue (Special Edit Mix) – Stevie Wonder
16) You And I – Vesta (RIP Vesta)
17) Heartbreak Hotel – Whitney Houston w/ Kelly Price & Faith (RIP Whitney)
18) A Song For You – Donny Hathaway