In honor of Black History Month and Valentine’s Day for the month of February “SOUL (one)” celebrates a compilation of soul, soul and more soul! Nothing fancy, no tricks or DJ effects just raw talent. The mix flows pretty smoothly throughout with back to back downtempo grooves ending with a couple ballads including “A Song For You” by Donny Hathaway. Check out the playlist below and hopefully “your song” is somewhere in the mix. If not I definitely have enough material for a SOUL (two) & (three) mix. Hopefully in March & April.
Celebrate Black History Month… and have a soulful, Happy Valentine’s Day!
Download SOUL (one) Podbean
Download SOUL (one) iTunes now available!
1) Worth It – Faith Evans
2) I’m Not Perfect – Missy Elliott ft. the Clark Sisters
3) Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away – Stevie Wonder
4) Fall In Love (Your Funeral) – Erykah Badu
5) Got 2 Be Down – Robin Thicke ft. Faith Evans
6) Nothing Can Come Between Us – Sade
7) Good Woman Down (special edit) – Mary J. Blige
8) I’m Still In Love With You – Al Green
9) Fool For You – Alice Smith
10) Georgy Porgy (original mix) – Eric Benet
11) Heard It All Before (extended) – Sunshine Anderson
12) Changes I’ve Been Going Through (original) – Mary J. Blige
13) Better and Better – Eric Benet
14) Do Your Time – Faith Evans
15) Moon Blue (Special Edit Mix) – Stevie Wonder
16) You And I – Vesta (RIP Vesta)
17) Heartbreak Hotel – Whitney Houston w/ Kelly Price & Faith (RIP Whitney)
18) A Song For You – Donny Hathaway
Red Rooster’s MIDNIGHT BRUNCH!!!
You know when you are out at a club on a Friday or Saturday night and then you want to go for breakfast afterwards? Well now you can do it all in one! Make a reservation for “Midnight Brunch” at Red Rooster in Harlem from 12-4am.
To top it off you can jam to the sounds of music master mixologist DJ Stormin Norman on Fridays and Herbert Holler on Saturdays while you get your drink and brunch on. Good music, good food and a great crowd. Sounds good to me!
To make a reservation for this hot spot in Harlem call (212) 792-9001 Red Rooster.
Red Rooster Harlem
310 Lenox Avenue at 125th
New York, New York
It’s Halloween in Harlem. Trick or treat along Frederick Douglass Boulevard and enjoy Harlem’s Gateway & Restaurant Row $5 cocktail specials, 5 pm – 10 pm. Here is a list of Restaurants and various places participating in the Ghoulish Festivities!
L Lounge, Zoma, Harlem Food Bar, Patisserie des Ambassades, Harlem Tavern, Bier International, Jado Sushi, Frederick Cafe Bistro, Silvana, Lido Harlem 67 Orange Street, Vinateria, Bebenoir Harlem Flo and more…
(Also check out Lenox Ave Harlem Shake, Ginny’s Supper Club, Red Rooster, Cedric French Bistro, The Corner Social for more Holiday Parties and fun!) Click on Ginny’s PHOTO ABOVE.
See our previous post WITCHE’S BREW PARTY at
The 5 And Diamond
$35 IN ADVANCE/$45 AT THE DOOR 7 pm -11 pm