More and more celebrities continue to flock to Harlem New York. Neil Patrick Harris Harlem days aren’t over—in fact, they’re just about to begin! Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka who recently purchased property in Harlem in 2013, “Officially” move to New York.
The Burtka-Harris family is trading sunny California for Harlem, NY. Neil told Us Weekly last year “Our plan is to reroute ourselves and have our kids start to go to school here. Neil is also starring in Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
I hope that many of the new hot and hoppin restaurants located on Harlem’s Restaurant Row, Vinateria, Harlem Food Bar, The Cecil, Maison Harlem, Cedric Bistro, The 5 and Diamond, Melbas, Jado Sushi, The Park 112, and all the many other great spots throughout New York, will extend child friendly accommodations. Two places in particular that are very kid friendly in Harlem are Bier International on FDB and Harlem Shake NYC on Lenox Avenue.
See more info here, E News
Posted in bier international, Celebrity, Central Harlem, Community, East Harlem, Food, Harlem, Harlem Tavern, Melba's, Menu Harlem Hot Spots, New York City, North Harlem, Real Estate, South Harlem (SOHA), The Cecil, West Harlem
Tagged @HarlemHCL, bier international, Broadway theatre, California, Cedric Bistro, David Burtka, family dining, Harlem, Harlem Food Bar, Harlem Real Estate, harlem restaurant row, Harlem Shake NYC, Harlem Shake Restaurant, HarlemBlogger, HarlemBlogs, HarlemCondoLife.com, HarlemRestaurantRow, HCL, Hedwig and the Angry Inch (film), Hollywood, Hot in Harlem, Jado Sushi, Kid Friendly, Maison Harlem, Melba's Restaurant, Neil Patrick Harris, new york city, The 5 and Diamond Restaurant, The Cecil, The Park 112, Vinateria Harlem
The city’s Alternative Enforcement Program fixes decaying buildings. According to various reports, of the 19 buildings currently selected for the program, all are above 96th Street, including 593 Riverside Associates, which owns three buildings in Harlem: 590-593 Riverside Drive, 49 St. Nicholas Terrace and 608 West 139th Street.
via City steps in to repair decaying Harlem buildings.
Posted in HarlemCondoLife, Housing, Real Estate
Tagged 49 St. Nicholas Terrace, 590-593 Riverside Drive, 593 Riverside Associates, 608 West 139th Street, @HarlemHCL, Alternative Enforcement Program, Harlem, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemCondoLife.com, Nicholas Terrace, Riverside Associates, Riverside Drive, Saint Nicholas, your gateway to harlem
Harlem residents have launched a petition on Change.org to bring Citibikes to Harlem. Harlem was not included in the initial rollout. Nor is Harlem included in current expansion plans.
This exclusion does not make sense. See below for salient points from the petition.
HarlemCondoLife supports the petition by Harlem residents to bring Citibikes to Harlem. Click here to view, sign and share the petition.
While the City is cold and mired in snow, now is the time to ask for what Harlem deserves, so there’s a chance Harlem will have it to enjoy as soon as possible, ideally by this Spring.
- The Citibike program has been largely hailed as a huge success, and plans are in place for its expansion.
- New York Magazine reported though, that the new stations “are planned for the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Park Slope, and Cobble Hill”.
- The article points out that the planned expansion “does nothing to fight the perception — and stats — that contend the program is catering only to well-off white people.”
- The expansion of the Citibike program into less affluent areas will mean greater access to the city annual costs of a metrocard start at over $1,300, which would mean greater access to opportunities.
- Harlemites pay the same taxes on sales, income, and property, but we are always the last to benefit when the city prospers, and while Harlem is enjoying something of a renaissance, the City, in this case the NYC Department of Transportation, can help Harlem help itself by supporting the infrastructure of our Manhattan neighborhood.
- Harlem is home to many students, recent college graduates, and others just starting out in the city. A bike share program would boom amongst them. This is especially true given the emergence of Harlem’s Educational Hub in Manhattanville.
- The petition needs the support of Polly Trottenberg, Dept. of Transportation, Commissioner for the New York City Department of Transportation; Henrietta Lyle, Chairman for CB10; Andrew Lassalle, Assistant District Manager; Seth Solomon, Press Secretary at NYC Department of Transportation.
via Petition | Expand the Citibike program to Harlem | Change.org.
Posted in Central Harlem, Community, East Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, Health & Wellness, North Harlem, South Harlem (SOHA), Sports, Transportation, West Harlem
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Assistant District Manager; Seth Solomon, Chairman for CB10; Andrew Lassalle, change.org, citibike, Commissioner for the New York City Department of Transportation; Henrietta Lyle, Dept. of Transportation, Harlem, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemCondoLife.com, manhattan, new york city, New York City Department of Transportation, Polly Trottenberg, Press Secretary at NYC Department of Transportation., Transportation, United States, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, your gateway to harlem
Listen up and mark your calendar. Lara Land of Land Yoga will be hosting a very special event in Harlem on March 18th called “Taste Of India.”
Join us for a glamorous Bollywood night. Ticket includes two hours of Indian inspired cocktails, food, and music at Ginny’s Supper Club, Red Rooster’s downstairs Jazz Lounge. This one of a kind night includes a live Bollywood dance perrformance, exclusive auction items, and a chance to be decorated in henna body art.
This event is to benefit Odanadi, an organization that rescues and rehabilitates children sold into human trafficking. Every year in India, young people are lured away from their homes by criminal trafficking networks. Over the past 20 years Odanadi has carried out over 60 brothel raids and brought more than 140 traffickers to justice.
Sponsored by Land Yoga, Red Rooster, Riazul, Iceberg Vodka, and Harlem Blue.
Please show up and support this important cause and perhaps encourage the sponsors and Lara Land to make this an annual event for an important charitable community cause.
There are all different price ranges in which you can contribute according to your budget and what you can afford. No amount is too little, every dollar helps. See the details below.
TASTE OF INDIA Eventbrite
Lara Land has become an important part and contributor to our Harlem community. Offering her time and experience to charities and always present welcoming new businesses and restaurants to the Harlem community.
I intend on being there to show support and hope to see many Harlemites show up to show their support. Please repost and retweet to help spread the word.
Posted in Central Harlem, Community, Culture, Dance, Drink, Education, Entertainment, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, Music, New York City
Tagged @HarlemHCL, Bollywood, Bollywood Benfit, Colony Brands, Event, Ginny's Supper Club, glamorous bollywood night, Harlem, Harlem Condo Life, HarlemCondoLife.com, Human trafficking, India, Land Yoga, Lara Landa, Lenox Avenue, Red Rooster, Taste Of India, yoga, your gateway to harlem