Nights In Harlem (Lounge Mix)
RhythmDB’s latest mix for HCL is sure to be a favorite for the grown and sexy crowd. Bringing it downtempo this podcast will take you on a soulful journey with chillout grooves, jazz, neo-soul, brazilian, hiphop, world, remixes & mellow house grooves. To download or stream “Nights In Harlem” (Lounge Mix) click on the following links below…
Download free (via iTunes) | Play on-line now (via Podbean)
See Playlist below
Nickodemus– (intro fade) Sun People mixed with DJ Sun– Ten
Nina Simone– My Man’s Gone Now (Dj Wally Remix)
DJ Sun– Marks On The Keys
Incognito– Everybody Loves the Sunshine mixed with Roy Ayers– Everybody Loves the Sunshine (9th Wonder Remix)
Billie Holiday- Trav’lin All Alone (Nickodemus & Zeb Remix)
Blue Six– We Used to Rock
Cesaria Evora– Quem bo e (Who Are You)
J.Period & Nneka– Mind Vs. Heart
Marcio Faraco– No Casa Do Seu
Ursula Rucker– Anyouknowhat? (Original Mix)
The Game f./Pharrell & Justin Timberlake– Ain’t No Doubt About It
Malcolm McLaren– Un Coche de Agua Negra
Raul Paz– Buena Suerte
Fat Freddy’s Drop– The Raft
Samantha James– Find a Way
Vikter Duplaix– Electric Love (Jneiro Jarel Remix)
U.Rucker– Obama Interlude #2
Jill Scott, Al Jarreau & George Benson– God Bless the Child
Billie Holiday– All Of Me (Live Version)
Sunshine Jones– If You Wouldn’t Mond (Tiger Stripes Remix)
Kindred the Family Soul– House of Love (AC’s Dub Mix)
Posted in Free!, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: 9th Wonder, @HarlemHCL, African, Audiofly, Billie Holiday, Blue Six, Brazilian, Cesoria Evora, Chillout Music, DJ Sun, DJ Wally, Downbeats, Downtempo, Fat Freddy's Drop, HipHop, House, Incognito, iTunes, J Period, jazz, Jneiro Jarel, Justin Timberlake, Kindred the Family Soul, Latin Music, Lounge, Malcolm McLaren, Marcio Faraco, Music, Nickodemus, Nina Simone, Nneka, Pharrell, Podcasts, R&B, Raul Paz, RhythmDB, Roy Ayers, Samantha James, Soul, Sunshine Jones, The Game, Tiger Stripes, Ursula Rucker, Victer Duplaix, world, Zeb
Check out this new compilation mix (podcast) for Harlem Condo Life. This is a hot one! Downbeats, jazz, R&B, lil’ bit of world music, lil’ bit of dubstep and some funky dubby soulful house. Sync the link below into your ipod, ipad, iPhone etc., put on your headphones and enjoy.
“IBIZA 2 HARLEM“ is available for download (free) on iTunes.
Playlist – (coming soon)
Posted in Drink, Free!, Harlem, Music, New York City Tagged with: @HarlemHCL, dubstep, Electronic, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife.com, HipHop, House Music, iTunes, jazz, Music For Bars, nyc, Podbean, Podcast, RhythmDB, Soul, Trend
Looking for that perfect gift for family and friends? Browse HarlemCondoLife’s new on-line store. New items will be added regularly so keep this page bookmarked and visit it often.
“Give Harlem for the Holidays!”
Posted in Books, Food, Harlem, Music, New York City, shopping Tagged with: 125th street, @HarlemHCL, Black History, books, Food, Frederick Douglass Boulevard, Harlem, Harlem Condo Life, HipHop, history, Holiday Shopping in Harlem, jazz, Music, nyc, Rap, Soul
This is an oldie but a goodie that we posted a couple years ago HCL BlackHistoryMonth Mix Vol 1 compiled by RhythmDB for HarlemCondoLife. We are posting it again in honor of Black History Month.
We hope that you enjoy this music to celebrate with as we honor February 1st the first day of Black History Month. On this mix you will hear a few classics, a little gospel, jazz, soul, R&B and soulful house. Check out the playlsit below and don’t forget to check out BlackHistoryMonth Gospel Mix Vol 2 available on itunes podcasts under HarlemCondoLife.
Black History Month Vol 1 – RhythmDB
1) Sounds Of Blackness – Optimistic
2) Karen Clark Sheard – I Won’t Let Go
3) Billie Holiday (Remix) – Billie’s Blues
4) The Jazzual Suspects – Ba Dada
5) Stevie Wonder – I Wish
6) Chaka Khan(ft. Meshell Ndegeocello) – Never Miss The Water
7) Luther Vandross – Remember The The Nights In Harlem
8) Stevie Wonder (ft. Q-Tip) Remix -So What The Fuss
9) Sade – Bring Me Home
10) Kenny Dorham Octet – Afrodisia
11) Studio Apartment (ft. Yasmeen Sulieman) – Sun Will Shine
12) Mississippi Mass Choir – Jesus Paid It All
13) Snoop Dogg (ft. The Dream) – Gangsta Luv
14) Caron Wheeler (Remix) – Another Star
15) Vanessa Bell Armstrong – Til The Victory’s Won
16) Onda – Happiness Is Free
17) Luther Vandross (Remix Edt) – Shine
18) Jay-z & Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind
19) Alicia Keys (Reprise) – Empire State Of Mind
*Please check out all of the music available by these talented asrtists.
*For more mixes click here PODCASTS.
Posted in Harlem, Holiday, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: black history month, Gospel, HalremCondoLif, HarlemCondoLife, HarlemHouse, HipHop, House, jazz, R&B, RythmDB, Soul, Soulful House
Another hot and soulful mix for you. For all you Jill Scott, Mary J Blige, Eric Benet, Andy Caldwell, Ledisi, Blue Six , Sade and Beyonce fans this one is for you. Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) is the first in a series of mixes that will be coming in the next several months. This one gets it right from start to finish, from commercial R&B songs to underground jazzy vibey downbeats.
Free download of Keepin’ It Soul (Vol. 1) available now on iTunes. Or to stream click here.
Enjoy! From HarlemHouse
1) King Kooba – Bad Beat
2) Jill Scott – Le BOOM Vent Suite (Edit)
3) Thievery Corporation – Web of Deception
4) Chris Brown – She Ain’t You (Instrumental Dub)
5) Mint Condition – Ease The Pain
6) Mary J. Blige – Someone To Love Me
7) Eric Benet – Better and Better
8) Jill Scott & Anthony Hamilton – So In Love (re-edit)
9) Andy Caldwell – Southern Plumperz
10) Ledisi – Shine
11) Mark Oakland – Live Forever
12) Beyonce feat. Andre 3000 – Party
13) Me’Shell Ndegeocello – Fellowship
14) Jaheim – Ain’t Leavin Without You (Remix)
15) Eddie Levert & Eric Benet – Paid
16) Blue Six – Bittersweet
17) Groove Cocktail – Deep Touch
18) Tommy Largo – It’s the Beat
19) R. Kelly – Love Letter (Reworked Mix)
20) Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us
Also, coming soon a new House mix “HarlemGetzDeep” by RhythmDB which will be available through several Blogs or as always on itunes.
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: Andre 3000, Andy Caldwell, Anthony Hamilton, Beyonce, Blue Six, chillout, Chris Brown, Downbeats, Eddie levert, Eric Benet, Groove Cocktail, HarlemHouse, HipHop, iTunes, Jaheim, jazz, Jill Scott, King Kooba, Ledisi, Mark Oakland, Mary J Blige, Meshell Ndegeocello, Mint Condition, Pedbean, Photos by HarlemHouse, Podcasts, R&B, R. Kelly, RhythmDB, Sade, Soul, Thievery Corporation, Tommy Largo
Gil Scott-Heron, poet and musician, has died at 62. A Harlem resident and neighbor who resided on East 112th street who was considered by many as the Godfather of Rap. He died on May 27, 2011 on Friday afternoon in New York. He became sick after a European trip. Credited with being one of the progenitors of hip hop, and is best known for the spoken-word piece “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.” Like many other music greats he struggled with substance abuse but continued to share his music and talent throughout the years. One of his recent projects “I’m New Here” released in February 2010 was received with much critical acclaim. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/im-new-here-bonus-track-version/id351170362
Here is an excerpt from a video clip of Gil-Scott in his own words…. (from Racialicious by Arturo on May 28, 2011)
“The catchphrase, what that was all about, ‘The Revolution Will Not Be Televised,’ that was about the fact that the first change that takes place is in your mind. You have to change your mind before you change the way you live and the way you move. So when we said that ‘The Revolution Will Not Be Televised,’ we were saying that the thing that’s gonna change people is something that no one will ever be able to capture on film. It will just be something that you see, and all of a sudden you realize I’m on the wrong page, or I’m on the right page but I’m on the wrong note, and I’ve got to get in sync with everyone else to understand what’s happening in this country.
But I think that the Black Americans have been the only die-hard Americans here, because we’re the only ones who carried the process through the process that everyone else has to sort of skip stages. We’re the ones who march, we’re the ones who carry the Bible, we’re the ones who carry the flag, we’re the ones who have to go through the courts, and being born American didn’t seem to matter, because we were born American, but we still had to fight for what we were looking for, and we still had to go through those channels and those processes.”
– Mediaburn, 1991
Rest in Peace. Gil Scott-Heron will be missed.
Posted in Harlem, Movies Cinema Film, Music, Politics Tagged with: Chicago, Gil Scott-Heron, Harlem, Harlem resident, HarlemHouse, HipHop, jazz, Poet, Poetry, Rap
Up The Hill (Morningside Park Mix)
New Podcast by RhythmDB for HCL with a collection of R&B, Soul, Jazz, House, HipHop, Latin & Chillout songs. Brand new (unreleased) Sade along with an assortment of other new releases mixed in with some oldies and deep soulful remixes. This mix is the perfect “feel g00d” transition from Spring into Summer.
On this mix you will hear…
1) Sade – Love Is Found // 2) Canvas – La brize// 3) Hammock House – Mambo Mongo (Joaquin”Joe” Claussell Remix)// 4) Billie Holiday – Summertime (Organica Mix)// 5) Lloyd Banks – I Don’t Deserve You (Ft. Jeremih)// 6) Hipp E – Blacker Than (Jimpster Remix)// 7) Janita – Heaven// 8) Eddie Palmieri – Mi Congo Te Llama (Remix)// 9) Delano Smith & Diamondancer – Message for the DJ// 10) Lloyd – Cupid (Extended Mix)// 11) M.I.A. – Space// 12) Millenium Social – I Feel Your Energy// 13) Diddy ft. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix)// 14) Erykah Badu – Honey (Ron Trent’s Honey Mix)// 15)Groove Armada – History (Love Mix)// 16) Raw Artistic Soul – Bayahibe
Download (iTunes) | Stream
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts Tagged with: Billie Holiday, Canvas, chillout, Delano Smith & Diamondancer, Diddy, Dirty South, Eddie Palmieri, Erykah Badu, Groove Armada, Hammock House, HarlemHouse, HipHop, Hipp E, House, iTunes, Janita, jazz, Jeremih, Jimpster, Lloyd, Lloyd Banks, M.I.A., Millenium Social, Photos by HarlemHouse, Podcasts, R&B, Raw Artistic Soul, Remixes, Ron Trent, Sade, Skylar Grey, Soul, Unreleased
MADE IN HARLEM series represents all of Harlem… from African American to Spanish, French, Arabic, English, Caribbean etc. On MADE IN HARLEM (Winter Chill Part 2) installment you will travel through all the different cultures and styles of music which make up Harlem. Part two ventures more into down-tempo, jazz and hiphop with a few choice house and instrumental dance tracks mixed throughout keeping a soothing synchronicity and melodic vibe. Perfect for restaurants, dinner parties, Bar/lounge or just chilling at home with friends.
Click for free download via iTunes or play now (stream).
On this mix you will hear… 9 Lazy 9, Ricardo Eberspacher, Mos Def & Diverse, Lazy Hammock, Gaida, Q-Tip, Nat King Cole, Blank & Jones with Coralie Clement, Bliss, King Britt, Jean-Marc Challe & Max Leonidas, Shad, Teena Marie, Cam’ron, MC Magic ft Twista, Gabin & more…
Click for free download via iTunes or play now (stream).
Posted in Drink, Harlem, Music, Podcasts, Restaurants Tagged with: 9 Lazy 9, Blank & Jones, Bliss, Cam'ron, chillout, Coralie Clement, Diverse, Gabin, Gaida, HarlemCondoLife, HarlemHouse, HipHop, House, iTunes, jazz, Jean-Marc Challe, King Britt, Lazy Hammock, Max Leonidas, MC Magic, Mos Def, Nat King Cole, Photos by HarlemHouse, Q-Tip, RhythmDB, Ricardo Eberspacher, Shad, Teena Marie, Twista, World Music
HCL brings you a new Podcast Mix in Celebration of Black History Month. Mixed by RhythmDB you will find on this mix Gospel, Jazz, House, R&B, Soul, HipHop & Classics.
Enjoy & Celebrate!!!
iTunes (podcast download) and Podbean (podcast streaming).
HCL”Black History Month”Mix by RhythmDB
1) Sounds of Blackness- Optimistic
2) Karen Clark Sheard- I Won’t Let Go
3) Billie Holiday (Remix)- Billie’s Blues
4) The Jazzual Suspects- Ba Dada
5) Stevie Wonder- I Wish
6) Chaka Khan (ft. Meshell Ndegeocello)- Never miss The Water
7) Luther Vandross- Remember The Nights In Harlem
8) Stevie Wonder feat. Q-Tip (Remix)- So What The Fuss
9) Sade- Bring Me Home
10) Kenny Dorham Octet- Afrodisia
11) Studio Apartment (feat. Yasmeen Sulieman)- Sun Will Shine
12) Mississippi Mass Choir (feat. Rev. James Moore)- Jesus Paid It All
13) Snoop Dogg (feat. The Dream)- Gangsta Luv
14) Caron Wheeler (Remix)- Another Star
15) Vanessa Bell Armstrong- Til the Victory’s Won
16) Onda- Happiness Is Free
17) Luther Vandross (Remix Edit)- Shine
18) Jay-Z & Alicia Keys- Empire State Of Mind
19) Alicia Keys (Reprise fade)- Empire State Of Mind
Posted in Podcasts Tagged with: Alicia Keys, Billie Holiday, black history month, Caron Wheeler, Chaka Khan, Gospel, Harlem, HarlemCondoLife, HarlemHouse, HipHop, House, iTunes, Jay-Z, jazz, Karen Clark Sheard, Luther Vandross, Mississippi Mass Choir, Photos by HarlemHouse, R&B, RhythmDB, Sade, Snoop Dogg, Soul, Sounds Of Blackness, Stevie Wonder, Vanessa Bell Armstrong