Opentable, the on line restaurant reservation system (which we love), recently announced it’s coverage of new restaurants. It noted Covo on 135th and 12th as being on the Upper West Side.
We just want to make sure Harlem gets it’s due.
We’d like to know what you think – please reply to this post with your thoughts.
The next monthly comedy night at Covo Lounge is Sunday, April 25th at 7:30pm. Hosted by NYC comedian William Mullin featuring comics from Comedy Central, VH1, and HBO.
Headliner Adrienne Lapalucci – Last Comic Standing.
Greg Walloch – NPR, The Moth, Howard Stern Show.
Allison Castillo – Comedy Central’s Premium Blend and Author of “The Score: The Ultimate Quiz to Test Who He Is”
Neil Charles – Last Comic Standing
Music and DJ – Mike Quigley
Veteran NYC comedian William Mullin is introducing what he hopes will be a monthly comedy hour this Sunday at Covo Lounge. Mullin says the series will feature comics from Comedy Central, VH1, and HBO such as Rena Zager, Charlie Gaeta, Abbi Crutchfield and the legendary Danny Cohen! The first KAKADOODLE COMEDY event is this Sunday, February 21st from 7:30-9 pm in the Upstairs Lounge at Covo. It will be hosted by William Mullin and will feature music from DJ Roxanne. Best of all, it’s free!
Covo Lounge, which is located on 12th Avenue between 134th & 138th Streets, is a little out of the way but features an extended Happy Hour on Sundays through Thursdays from 5pm -12 midnight, (except when closed for a private party, so give a call before you head over there). Happy Hour drink specials include house cocktails and wine by the glass at $5, domestic and imported beer at $3 and half price pizza from the Trattoria downstairs. Maybe I’ll see you there Sunday night.
KAKADOODLE COMEDY AT COVO
SUNDAY, FEB 21ST AT 7:30PM
UPSTAIRS LOUNGE AT COVO
701 West 135th Street on 12th Avenue
Top bars and bartenders uptown compete from August 12th – 21th.
Presented by HARLEM PARK TO PARK and sponsored by RIAZUL TEQUILA.
Final showdown event on August 26th from 6 pm – 10 pm, when the winner will be announced. DJ Stormin’ Norman of SUNDAE SERMON will provide the music, and the one and only Bevy Smith will be the celebrity judge.
1. 35+ bars from West Harlem, East Harlem, Central Harlem and Washington Heights/Inwood each feature an original cocktail August 12th through August 21st.
2. Visit participating bars to sample original cocktails. Discounted price of $8 for cocktail on Monday, August 12th and Monday, August 19th.
3. Vote online at Instagram @UptownBattle until August 21st for your favorite bar to advance to the Showdown Finale event.
4. Bartenders from the top 3 bars with highest votes from each neighborhood will advance to the Finale/Showdown event on August 26th to compete for title of BEST UPTOWN BARTENDER.
5. Purchase tickets for admission to VIP Showdown event featuring industry/celebrity judges and celebrity dj, discounted drink/appetizer specials and original cocktail samples.
Tickets: $35 in advance
$40 at the door
Visit uptownbattleofbars.eventbrite.com to buy your tickets today!
9A NYC Kitchen & Lounge
The Grange Bar & Eatery
67 Orange Street
Chocolat Restaurant Lounge
Harlem Food Bar
Red Rooster Harlem
WXYZ Bar/Aloft Harlem Hotel
Ya Tenga French Bistro
Camaradas El Barrio
Prime One 16
Papasito Mexican Grill & Agave Bar
Since his new cd “The Darkside” dropped, Bronx rapstar Fat Joe has had some busy days. Midweek he was on the West Coast, telling Chelsea Handler on the “Chelsea Lately” show that the night before he partied long and hard at a cd release event in Washington Heights. Friday he was back in the city doing “RapFix Live” on MTV. And Saturday he was seen smiling and walking out of Covo Restaurant on 135th St. after a late lunch with a couple of members of his entourage. Relax and have a delicious brick oven pizza–you deserve it, Joe!